About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
About the team
We design, build, maintain and operate the set of services that underwrite transactions. These services run machine learning models that predict credit risk and statistical models that detect, block and alert on fraudulent transactions in milliseconds. In 2022 our scope of work will expand to include designing, building and maintaining new GUI tools that empower internal teams to experiment with and implement better fraud detection and prevention methods, credit risk policies, and collections policies to further maximise our revenue. We like to use Scala in a functional, pragmatic way to ease the burden of delivering quality software quickly. By prioritizing simple solutions and an iterative approach, we get code into production quickly and support a tight feedback loop. We value ownership, and trust each other to deliver quality work in a timely manner
About the role
We are looking for an experienced full stack or front end engineer with a track record of delivering quality front end software solutions. Experience with backend technologies, Scala and functional programming are a big plus but easilysubstituted with an eagerness to learn them. You will be involved in all stages of development, from initial conversations to understand and define the problem statements, architecturing and building the technical solutions and their infrastructure, to validating and releasing it to our users. You will collaborate with the rest of the team to experiment with and then decide on engineering standards and best practices that work for us and you will get the chance to share them with the rest of the engineering teams.
- Experience with modern front end technologies, e.g. ECMAScript, React, HTML, CSS, SASS/SCSS…
- Experience designing and building REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with maintaining and further developing existing code bases.
- Knowledge of strongly typed or functional programming languages, e.g. Scala, Typescript, Rust, Kotlin, Haskell…
- Knowledge of functional programming concepts or the willingness to learn
them on the job.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with
- Experience with CircleCI, AWS, Fargate, Terraform and Datadog is a plus.
- Experience with Cassandra, Postgres, ElasticSearch and Kafka is a plus.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける