About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is a fast-growing international start-up revolutionizing online payments in Japan. Paidy’s Risk & Analytics team supports decision-making and operations in all parts of Paidy’s business through data analytics and also designs the models and tools to reduce the company’s credit and fraud risk.
Paidy’s Risk & Analytics team is currently looking for a Senior Data Analyst to lead projects that push forward the use of data analysis in the company to drive strategy with collaborators in marketing, UX, product, and executives directly.
To be a successful member of the team, you should be highly adaptable and can demonstrate past achievement in working with internal or external clients at an e-commerce or web services company, driving marketing and/or product strategy with the use of data analysis and machine learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Take charge of consolidating data analytics and reporting for Paidy’s product team, and analyze the business side of Paidy’s product portfolio to decide investment allocation for product development
● Lead the client relationship with the stakeholders of your projects, contributing to strategic discussions and proposing ways that data analysis or a data science solution can drive Paidy’s marketing and product forward. ○ Quickly get strategic ideas put into practice or into the product itself, analyze data for feedback on how your ideas change the consumer behavior, and iterate.
● Build and develop with a BI Tool to enable non-technical stakeholders to explore Paidy’s user behavior data and extract insights that can be used for their data-driven decision making, and to standardize ways of measuring business performance in the company.
● Identify areas where the use of user behavior data – in ad-hoc analysis or as a machine learning solution – can help improve the marketing and product user experience function, and conduct the analysis/build the solution
● Work cross-functionally with risk department members on analysis of other business aspects that impact the user experience such as fraud and credit risk
● Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
● More than five years work experience in a related role (data science, data analysis, business intelligence)
● Experience being the project owner of a data analytics or data science project
● Proven experience working on marketing and/or user experience related projects in e-commerce, web services, or on an iOS/Android app, leading projects in these domains, and reporting and collaborating with high-profile non-technical stakeholders on the projects.
● Experience extracting insights about user behavior and designing features for modeling from event log or clickstream data is a big plus.
● Experience working with common data science query and general languages (e.g. SQL + Python/R) ○ Experience working with Apache Spark and Scala is a big plus.
● Experience with common machine learning tools (e.g. SKLearn, Keras, XGBoost), applying them to business problems aimed at improving the user experience of a web service
● Experience working directly with business and product owners, translating technical findings from an analysis into simple findings and takeaways for a non-technical audience
● Business English is required, Japanese skills are a strong advantage
What we offer
● Flexible working environment in a fast-growing fintech company with modern technology stack in Tokyo
● Analytically-minded, fast-paced and supportive team, inspired by agile ways of working
● Opportunity to directly drive business results and clearly see how your work contributes to the business bottom line
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける