About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our API & Identity Management team.
By joining the team, you will take ownership of our publicly facing APIs, keeping them versioned, consistent and secure. You will apply the latest standards in Authn/Authz and manage a growing base of millions of users. Within your role, you are also required to set the gold standard and guidelines for all teams providing internal APIs.
The candidate needs to be a resident in EU countries, preferably between GMT 0 / +3.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Own your services, from tech design to deployment and monitoring.
- Work with modern languages and frameworks, cloud infrastructure and authentication layers, solving real problems impacting millions of users.
- Get a chance to touch different aspects of Paidy's ecosystem: Consumer, Merchant, Partner APIs and internal services.
- Share your knowledge within the engineering domain and contribute in evolving best practices and culture.
Our tech stack:
- AWS architecture (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, ECS Fargate).
- Rust, Go, Scala.
- Docker, Terraform.
Skills and Requirements
- Broad software development experience with one or more modern general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to, Rust, Go and Scala.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud ecosystem.
- Experience with designing and building secure REST / GraphQL APIs at scale.
- Solid understanding of OAuth2 protocol.
- Confidence with Docker and Terraform development tools as well as CI/CD.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and collaborate with distributed and multidisciplinary teams.
- Passion and sense of ownership.
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the vibrant Japanese market, building products affecting millions of users every month.
- A diversity culture that accepts everyone's values and opinions, working with talented people coming from 20+ countries.
- An attractive salary and the latest equipment of your choice (MacOS, Windows, Linux).
- Remote working & Flexible working style.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける