We are looking for passionate, innovative and dedicated software engineers who are ready to make an impact by accelerating growth in the number of Paidy users over the upcoming months. Showcase your entrepreneurial spirit!
You will be responsible for developing and scaling our payments platform while meeting the highest standards in terms of security, maintainability and resilience to failure. You will meet regularly with the product team to align software delivery with business goals. With the help of your team members, you will come up with software design tradeoffs and communicate them clearly to other engineers as well as product team members to implement mutually agreed-upon solutions. You will also have the opportunity to work cross functionally in feature teams to deliver product features and services. In addition to regular deliverables expected of the engineering team, you are expected to follow and stay current with industry best practices -- such as writing automated tests and taking part in regular code reviews to ensure quality code at its highest possible standards. We look forward to meeting you!
Required Skills to have:
● Knowledge of one or more high-level statically-typed languages (i.e. Java, Scala, Haskell, Kotlin, Rust, C++, OCaml, C#, F#, etc), plus an interest in Functional Programming
● Knowledge of Git
● Quality code and testing: Legibly-written code that is easily understood by others
● Approaches debugging with a systematic approach
● Understands automated testing with a curiosity to suggest performance improvements
● Ability to understand code independently and make intelligent inferences to code in the broader context
● Understanding of software architecture and design with the ability to align the overall service architecture
● Basic understanding of security measures and how they may implicate the wider system
● Comfortable with knowledge sharing, working on a team and building relationships
● Shows interest in the organization’s engineering strategy, product development strategy and how that aligns to the overall business strategy
● Ability to define task outlines and deliverables
● Demonstrates a sense of urgency when required
● Ability to manage some ambiguity and exercises good judgement when needed
● Ability to give and receive constructive feedback tactfully upstream and downstream
● Entrepreneurial spirit and eager to learn how to grow the business!
Good to have:
Preferably relevant experience in technologies and concepts that we use at Paidy:
● Scala, Cassandra, Kafka, Postgres, Functional Programming, REST API, microservices architecture, JSON, Avro, CI/CD, AWS, Fargate, Terraform, Git, Data streaming, ElasticSearch, Redis, Event Sourcing, unit/functional testing, cats, cats-effect, tagless final, CQRS, event sourcing.
● Understands cross-team interdependencies and work streams
● Ability to envision delivery roadmap and articulates this clearly for others to follow
● Builds relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization
● Understands product opportunities, differentiators and competition
● Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS
● Experience building distributed systems
● Experience working on a payment platform or other fintech field
● For senior engineers, demonstrates technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
We look forward to meeting the engineering genius in you!