About the role
Product Managers at Paidy are passionate about products and passionate about our business. The team is totally committed to doing our best work, building and managing the products which comprise the Paidy service, with the goal of removing the “mendokusai” parts of online payments for both buyers and sellers.
A Senior Product Manager at Paidy
Senior Product Managers at Paidy take a strategic view, to align product performance and optimisation with corporate goals, and build out the KPIs which articulate this connected worldview, and finally execute the initiatives which will make these visions a reality, and make life better for both buyers and sellers.
We are also internal ambassadors for the role of the product organisation, and also invest time in ensuring the product strategy and status of execution plans are clearly articulated and effectively communicated at all levels across the organisation.
The Product team at Paidy aspires to do great work, which has the potential to effect positive change in the payments journey. We are always looking for ways to make more impact, to do things better.
Role & Responsibilities
Your role in Product at Paidy is simple - to be the best Product Manager you can be.
You will act as a leader of cross functional teams and as an individual contributor, and set the highest standards for yourself and those around you. You will assume the role buyers, sellers, and partners as you formulate and validate solutions to complex problems.
You will create and execute product strategy using best practices in strategic business planning, product marketing, data, competitive analysis and product management.
Required Attributes, Experiences and Skills
- Extremely curious, intelligent, problem solver with a strong bias to action
- You think like a business owner, an innovator
- You are looking for ways to improve the consumer experience, and always bring advocacy for the customer experience to every decision
- Very strong quantitative skill, and an innate understanding of how to mix market intelligence
- Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese
- A decade or more of relevant experience, some of which in leadership roles in product management in financial services, retail, banking or payments
- A demonstrated history of defining, designing, building, and refining products through industry standard best practices
- You will demonstrate a very strong grasp of product value chain, and how the potential for great product work can be realised and leveraged
- Experience launching new products and services
- You will be able to develop business, service, and product KPIs aligned to corporate objectives, and be able to articulate rationale for the product work required trio realise this vision
- Senior level operator, comfortable presenting to boards, leading consensus with senior stakeholders
- University degree
- Evidence of continued post grad education a big plus; MBA preferred
The candidates are required to be legally permitted to work in Japan. Paidy would not be able to sponsor the work permits for now, until immigration restrictions from Japanese government are softened.
Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy App during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!