Why We Need You
As a part of our next phase of growth, PagerDuty seeks to advance our position as the leading voice of The Operations Cloud to assist our CEO and two to three C-Levels with their Executive Communications efforts. The Director of Executive Communications will have a passion for the written word where you thrive off crafting narratives that are unique, compelling and entice readers to get to the end of the piece. At the same time, you live in a deadline driven world where getting the content just right matters as much as adhering to deadlines.
The right candidate will play a leading role in defining the thought leadership platform for PagerDuty’s CEO and a small handful of executive leaders to amplify their voices in the market and tell the PagerDuty story globally. At PagerDuty our leaders have a great deal to say about business, IT, and global trends, and your focus will be to craft stories that capture their unique voices and resonate to build the company, our brand, and our awareness in all the right places.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Communications, will bring executive platforms to life in written and video content, in keynotes, panels, podcasts, FAQs, and other corporate materials. Being able to understand and articulate technology topics, such as the Operations Cloud, and the solutions that make up our platform, for a wide-range of audiences will be key. At the same time, we need a storyteller who is willing to dive in and understand what makes PagerDuty and our leadership team unique to highlight the great work around out ID&E efforts and Social Impact.
- Lead the day-to-day development and execution of executive communications to support PagerDuty CEO and other senior leadership team members.
- Enjoy the crafting outlining, drafting, and editing of written pieces and keynotes to ensure the tone and voice of each executive are authentic and truly their own.
- Work as the lead storyteller bringing to life the PagerDuty story to live through the voices of our executives. Then determine the best owned and earned channels for each executive and message, including our blog, YouTube channel, podcasts, LinkedIn Newsletter, LinkedIn Live, speaking platforms, social media, print, online and broadcast media as well as at company events.
- Stay current on the news to ensure that blog posts, speeches, talking points, op-eds, and other content pieces for our CEO and other executives are topical and resonate widely.
- Develop an audio and video communications strategy for PagerDuty executives, using short and longer forms to reach our audiences, including creating and leading a CEO podcast series.
- 10+ years of experience, including proven experience building an executive platform in B2B Saas
- 3+ years of experience developing and writing CEO-level speeches/presentations and other support materials.
- 5+ years experience in critical channels, including script writing, video, op-eds, and news.
- Excellent writing skills, a strong storyteller with a passion for influencing audiences.
- BA in English, Journalism, or Communications preferred or equivalent experience.
- Strong communicator and storyteller with a proven track record of building trust with executives while working on complex and confidential projects, preferably in high-growth technology companies
- Proven experience in influencing and partnering with cross-functional teams of writers, video producers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to build long-lasting inclusive partnerships with stakeholders across the business, including Internal Communications, Investor Relations, Brand and Creative team, Legal, and beyond.
- Passionate about technology, intellectually curious, and willing to experiment with new platforms to reach our audiences.
- Problem solver with an ability to cut through the noise, simplify, and complex uplevel narratives.
The base salary range for this position is 158,000 - 241,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible environment. Find balance with remote working, while also enjoying ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.