As a Solutions Consultant, you will sit at the nexus between pre-sales, sales and customer experience/customer success. Whether it is helping understand the customer environments and potential technical landmines or supporting one of our over 350+ native integrations, you are fundamental to helping customers realize and optimize Rundeck's awesome capabilities.
You are an extraordinary partner – to sales, to product, to your customers. You play the part of consultant, technical salesperson, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer service. You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
You’ve got technical chops. You demonstrate a knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations. You run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers design integrations to provide seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
You are an excellent and compelling communicator. You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive. You have experience selling in the SaaS world and can articulate the business value of our solution.
You are excellent at multitasking, are self driven, and can work both independently and with a cross functional team. You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail.
How You Impact Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- You play the part of a consultant, technical salesperson, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer experience.
- You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
- You demonstrate knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations, and can do basic scripting.
- You will run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires.
- You help customers design integrations to provide a seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
- You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive.
- You have experience selling in the SaaS world and can articulate the business value of our solution.
About You: Skills and Attributes:
- You are an extraordinary partner – to sales/product team and to your customers
- You are excellent at multitasking, are self-driven, and can work both independently and with a cross-functional team
- You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail
- You have 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- You have the ability to do basic scripting
- You have experience selling SaaS in a fierce environment
- You have strong communication skills to build and manage relationships with new and existing clients, with a focus on growth
- You have the ability to travel to customer sites as necessary
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a technical field
- You have an understanding of monitoring systems such as New Relic, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, ServiceNow and Zabbix
- You know and understand our space (or you’re already a fan of our product!)
- You're experienced in enterprise and commercial sales
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.