Automation Strategic Technical Account Manager
As a Technical Account Manager, you will sit at the nexus between the Customer Success Manager, the Account Executive, Professional Consultants, and Support. Whether it is helping understand the customer environments and potential technical landmines or supporting one of our native integrations, you are fundamental to helping customers realize and optimize our Automation Product Suite capabilities.
You are an extraordinary partner – to sales, to product, to your customers. You play the part of consultant, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer service. You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
You’ve got technical chops. You demonstrate a knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations. You run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers design integrations to provide seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
You are an excellent and compelling communicator. You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive. You have experience supporting SaaS and on-prem customer managed products; you can articulate the business value of our solution.
You are excellent at multitasking, are self driven, and can work both independently and with a cross functional team. You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail.
How You Impact Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- You play the part of a consultant, project manager, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer experience.
- You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
- You demonstrate knowledge of IT monitoring tools and IT Operations, have supported Java applications, and can do basic scripting.
- You will run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in a security questionnaires.
- You help customers design integrations to provide a seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
- You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive.
- You have experience supporting products in both the SaaS world and on-prem.
- You can articulate the business value of our solution and drive the long term goals.
About You: Skills and Attributes:
- You are an extraordinary partner – to account/product team and to your customers
- You are excellent at multitasking, are self-driven, and can work both independently and with a cross-functional team
- You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail
- Experience managing customer engagements and proof of concepts/value
- Ability to create and deliver demonstrations to small or large groups
- Ability to script in BASH and python, competent using the Linux CLI, and knowledge APIs
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure, including cloud deployments and containers
- Strong communication skills to build and manage relationships with new and existing clients, with a focus on growth
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary (~25%)
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a technical field
- You have an understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure as code, CSM (Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket), provisioning (Ansible, FarGate, Terraform, Cloudformation), IT operations in cloud hosted or on-prem environments (K8, vsphere, OpenStack, Oracle Cloud, EC2, GCP, or Azure), relational database management (MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle), remote system management using SSH, WinRM, and REST APIs, BASH and Powershell CLI, as well as monitoring (DataDog, Cloudwatch, Sensu, NewRelic, ServiceNow, etc)
- You know and understand our space (or you’re already a fan of our product!)
- You're experienced in enterprise and commercial support and consulting
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.