Why We Need You:
The Product Marketing Manager will be a key member of the product marketing team driving the success of PagerDuty in the Enterprise IT space. The ideal candidate is someone who has an understanding of Enterprise IT and can create compelling marketing assets and drive business results. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this role will develop product messaging, lead product launches, and build marketing collateral.
As a Product Marketing Manager at PagerDuty, you’ll be supporting go-to-market strategy for different products, building messaging and assets for product launches, developing persona-based content, enabling the field, and much more. In this role, you will be managing the external-facing efforts for our portfolio of products that are part of the broader PagerDuty platform for real-time operations. Do you have strategic skills, disruptive thinking, technical chops, and a can-do attitude? Would you like to have fun in a high-growth, high-energy environment? If so, this role is for you!
As PagerDuty’s Product Marketing Manager, you will;
- Develop compelling messaging and value propositions in the context of major industry trends and the competitive landscape, using your deep understanding of the broader marketing function to drive customer success.
- Create persona based content using your knowledge of the current market trends affecting the target personas, with an understanding of those personas priorities and habits.
- Demonstrate empathy for customers (internal or external) and finds ways to effectively meet their needs with limited supervision.
- Develop solid written messaging, utilizing best practices.
- Present product messaging to various audiences, adjusting the presentation as needed (sales enablement sessions, product videos, etc.).
- Shadow customer and partner briefings, analyst engagements.
- Regularly communicate with product, marketing, and sales counterparts, executing on solutions to competing priorities and urgent requests in the face of limited resources and known obstacles.
- Independently project manage product launches and provide campaign support by creating and effectively communicating a plan to accomplish what the organization needs for success.
- Take responsibility for workstreams in routine moments (product updates, industry event support) and larger impact moments (SKO, Summit), including Tier 3 launch planning and execution, industry event messaging and monthly customer-centric product communications.
- Work in close collaboration with the demand generation team to execute the strategy and programs that drive demand for their product.
- Interpret metrics for their product marketing scope, considering leading and lagging indicators, as well as awareness, consideration, and decision stages.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- At least 2 years experience at a B2B Enterprise high tech or SaaS company in a marketing or product management organization.
- At least 2 years of experience launching and growing successful products in close collaboration with the field, customer success, product, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Strong writer and editor for external technical audiences.
- Prior experience in developing and implementing persona-based messaging, value drivers and content across multiple mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, project manage, and execute with cross-functional teams.
- A can-do attitude and hunger to learn and grow. You're eager to jump in and get things done and don't get flustered in dynamic environments.
- High energy, motivated individual willing to lead and deliver in a demanding environment.
- Experience using data to drive decision-making.
- Experience crafting, driving, and running go-to-market plans across all channels.
- Domain expertise in DevOps, ITOps and ITSM technologies and markets.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.