We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Vice President, Corporate Marketing
This key role at Pagerduty will bring together the look, feel, materials, and experiences that communicate Pagerduty’s products and vision to customers and the market. You will help us elevate our brand design, events, and marketing content to drive our continued growth and market expansion.
As the leader of Corporate Marketing, you will lead a team of 15+ to define, expand and implement a comprehensive brand strategy for Pagerduty that drives acquisition and expansion through unforgettable interactions that bring the PagerDuty story to life. You will collaborate with stakeholders from product groups and functional organizations across the company that rely on corporate marketing services and expertise to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
What You'll Do:
- Define and amplify the positioning narrative for PagerDuty for the future - aspirational and credible
- Develop a comprehensive, platform-led brand framework that builds on the developer-friendly image of the company to elevate our brand awareness and consideration with a broad range of audiences, including users, decision-makers, prospects, influencers, analysts, partners, and senior executives.
- Oversee and deliver the company’s content strategy, mapping content to the prospect and customer journey, and defining measurable acquisition goals to track performance
- Lead and inspire a team of event marketers to conceive of, create, execute, and scale PagerDuty’s portfolio of event experiences - from IRL to virtual - in ways that build customer trust and love and continually raise the bar on the experience of our brand
- Own the content and storytelling on the company website to drive increased engagement, partnering with PagerDuty’s Growth and Web teams to design and deliver impactful stories optimized for the realities and parameters of the web.
- Lead and inspire our creative production team (visual, content and video)
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to build, activate, and use a simple, clear, consistent product architecture and nomenclature to drive ease of product navigation and accommodate growth
- Manage external agencies including branding, creative services and events
- Develop, manage and track a system of strategic, operational and tactical metrics to manage resource allocation, outcomes and success
- Work with regions to support localization of the brand as needed, and develop documentation on region-specific brand strategy elements
- Partner with the Corporate Communications team and the People Team to continually innovate and increase the relevance of the PagerDuty talent brand activations, and ensure its connectivity to the overall corporate brand
- Develop a perspective on brand activation moves we can make in the marketplace to have incredible impact on our business and brand in light of technology trends and customer insight
- Build, develop and retain a results-oriented global team
What We're Looking For
The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, organizational aptitude, SaaS industry knowledge, interpersonal maturity and a track record of impactful examples of creativity delivered in service of results. They’ll also have a desire to balance strategic contributions with a day-to-day “get it done” bias for action.
- 15 + years of experience leading marketing at multiple technology companies. At least 10 years at high-growth enterprise technology company with direct responsibility for global corporate marketing strategy and execution
- Proven track record as an effective an inspiring leader - 5+ years managing teams of 7+ people
- A customer fanatic; a candidate that understands that no one can tell our story better than our customers and has demonstrated this in prior roles
- Ability to manage and plan at both the strategic and operational levels
- History with successfully growing company-branded corporate events as a key platform for growth in the awareness of its solutions and loyalty of its ecosystem
- Critical thinking, strategic acumen and market insight: The skill to synthesize competitive trends, market data and customer/consumer insights into a plan of action. Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Hands-on, action-oriented leader who can command the respect of his/her superiors, peers and team. Ability to influence team to buy-in fully to the approach and execute goals and objectives with enthusiasm
- A proven track record identifying, recruiting and developing talent, ability to lead in a growing business
- Must be an effective written and oral communicator with all stakeholders
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.
Learn more about our culture by checking us out on Instagram @PagerDutyLife!