We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
The Sr. Director of Revenues is a key leadership role in the finance organization, reporting to the VP of Finance, Global Controller. This role will lead the team that manages the entire end-to-end global processes for revenues, driving accuracy, data quality, and efficiency across the Order to Collect/Record to Report cycles. You will help guide both the business and process to bring best practices to our processing and reporting. You will work across all levels of the organization, providing reporting and insights.
- Global Process OTC/RTR (Order to Cash and revenue and commission Record to Report). Run the end-to-end revenue and commissions accounting processes. This includes systems process documentation, and implementation of new products and new commissions plans, and ensuring appropriate revenue and commissions accounting standards under ASC606, and other applicable standards.
- Incorporate new products in the OTC, including testing and, updating SOX controls and narratives and ensuring the appropriate accounting framework is in place to determine the right accounting model for upcoming products.
- Financial close related to revenue and commissions, reconciliations, flux, internal control, compliance, audits, and associated operational activities.
- Lead and influence with finance teams and partners to identify areas of opportunity to transform the revenues and commissions processes.
- Process Improvement & Optimization, identify and initiate projects to enhance revenue platform and the entire OTC processes.
- Lead efforts to transform the current Revenue/ commissions accounting and operations processes. Implement tools/processes, build effective reconciliation and reporting dashboards, improve data quality, process efficiency, and uplevel the skills of the Revenue and commissions Accounting team.
- Effectively manage a team and help them develop in their expertise
- You will provide technical revenue recognition guidance in accordance with our existing revenue policy, ASC 606, and in accordance with U.S. GAAP in order to properly recognize revenue.
- Partner with the Deal Desk team to provide revenue recognition guidance during contract negotiations.
- Partner with the Business (Sales, Legal, Product, and Pricing teams) to provide revenue guidance/consideration with respect to our growing product offering.
- Manage the contract revenue write-up process and partner with our external auditors to ensure the accuracy of our revenue is maintained.
- Work closely with the FP&A team as it relates to revenue forecasting.
- Manage and support the team with technical guidance (ASC 606) research and provide solutions/options to new and complex issues.
- As specific revenue matters develop, support the team with the preparation of technical revenue memos and work with our external auditors to ensure they are discussed and signed off in a timely manner.
- Manage and update our existing revenue recognition policies.
- Review, analyze and update 10Q/K Revenue, deferred revenue sections, etc. to ensure compliance with industry reporting standards, U.S. GAAP, and SEC requirements.
- Create/update training material and provide ongoing training to cross-functional organization members on revenue related matters
Qualifications and Skills:
- 15 + years relevant experience with a mix of Big 4 accounting firm experience (preferably at the Sr. Manager level) and public companies with multiple, complex revenue streams in a high-growth environment; multinational industry experience
- CPA required
- Experience implementing revenue systems such as Revpro a strong plus
- Strong software and SaaS revenue recognition knowledge in the areas of ASC 606, and related revenue recognition pronouncements under US GAAP
- Experience with a high-growth and fast-paced company, in the Software industry
- Experience with multiple business models such as SaaS, on-premise licenses, and services.
- Experience with larger ERP systems (Netsuite), RevPro, and related data across a global business
- Effective communicator, able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Strong analytical and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) skills.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity as required.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Great organization skills, to be able to manage and prioritize several different activities in parallel.
- Great interpersonal skills to collaborate with different individuals across the organization. And collaborate and partner with all levels of management and be able to relate to their needs and perspectives.
- Ability to capture the end-to-end process and determine areas of improvement, automation, and refinement to allow for the ability to grow and scale.
- An efficient multi-tasker – can marshal resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish their goal.
- Exceptional problem solver – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems and is excellent at honest analysis. Doesn’t stop at first answers rather he/she will strive to seek the correct answer.
- Deliver results through teamwork and become a trusted business partner. Work effectively across teams including deal desk, legal, sales operations, sales, product, and FPA.
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality throughout the revenue recognition process
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and effectively lead an organization in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on building and designing scalable processes
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.