We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
PagerDuty is building out its global Finance function and is looking to recruit experienced finance professionals for the Senior Director, Finance Operations role. The individual in this role will lead a team focused on the Company's global financial operations and systems, including payroll, procurement, M&A, and site expansion opportunities. The position and function will play an immediate and instrumental role in supporting PagerDuty's growth through providing insight and developing efficient processes to support the company's growth.
Reporting to the Company's VP of Finance, the Senior Director, Finance Accounting Operations will be responsible for the leadership and execution of global financial operations, and performance management of multiple financial operations teams.
This leader will focus on further developing a finance organization that has a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and delivering operational excellence. This person will focus on the continuous improvement of financial tools, systems, and processes that will effectively scale with the company's growth.
The Senior Director must have prior experience leading finance functions; experience in the technology industry is a plus but not required. This position is a key leadership position that will require a great deal of interaction across the Company and the successful candidate must be able to build exceptionally strong and collaborative relationships with all x-functional teams and have a customer-first mindset.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated, and organized team player to get in on the ground floor with a fast-growing, well-funded organization. We pride ourselves on providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer, employee and vendor base. You will play a crucial role in maintaining our #RunTogether and #ChampiontheCustomer values as the company scale in size.
- Serve as a key contributor to the development of the operational and system road map for finance
- Responsible for leading system and process improvement across the organization, especially in the areas of Payroll and Procurement
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operations across the finance organization through the management and execution of best practices in all internal processes and systems
- Develop unified desktop procedures across the organization to enable better training across the organization
- Drive efficient and effective financial operations that link to key corporate objectives.
- Drive the implementation and enhancement of tools and technology in partnership with our systems team
- Provide critical input to the VP, Finance, CFO, and other members of senior management regarding the operational performance of the finance team, including recommendations for action and collaboratively developing operating policies and procedures to enable the attainment of corporate and business objectives
- Develop and report key operational metrics indicating the health of the finance operations
- Support all M&A finance operations integrations
- Lead the efforts for international expansions for finance
- Leading, motivating, developing, and retaining a high-quality team
- A Business-oriented undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- An MBA and/or CPA is preferred
- 15+ years of progressive growth in financial management roles in high growth companies, Software/SaaS industry experience is preferred
- 3+ years in a finance operations role, leading various finance operations functions
- Experience with M&A integration and international expansion
- Experience leading, motivating, and mentoring/growing teams
- Deep understanding of the finance operations, especially in the payroll and procurement functions
- Previous experience successfully collaborating cross-functionally to lead system and process improvement across the organization, preferably especially in the areas of Payroll and Procurement
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.