We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
PagerDuty is looking for a Technical Content Writer to help our users and our internal teams by overseeing our customer-facing documentation. Your responsibilities will include maintaining a high quality standard for our documentation, setting guidelines, writing content and enabling others to add content to our documentation. This role will work as part of our Customer Support team and will work closely with many other teams across the business.
Our team prides itself in providing amazing support and high quality communication to our rapidly growing customer base. We measure success in our documentation by how well it serves both customers and internal customer-facing teams. You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring that our documentation scales with our company and enables our teams to help our customers be successful in using our product.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clear and easy to follow documentation for our customers
- Maintaining style guides for internal teams to reference when adding to customer-facing documentation
- Maintaining process for internal contributors to add to documentation
- QA internal contributions to customer-facing docs
- Maintaining tooling used for our customer-facing knowledge base, and working closely with other teams to ensure quality standard across tooling used for other customer-facing documentation
- Maintaining internal Customer Support documentation to ensure information is up to date, well-organized, and easy for others to add to
- Managing cross-functional projects related to documentation, working closely with Support, Community, and other internal teams to help individual contributors reach documentation goals
- Working closely with leadership to determine resource requirements and plan projects
You REALLY need to have:
- Excellent written communication skills
- The ability to write about technical subjects in a clear and engaging manner, breaking down complex topics for multiple audiences to understand
- A keen eye for spelling, grammar and syntax issues
- Proven success in project management
- Ability to maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Proven skill at prioritization and multitasking
- Ability to self-start with new concepts and features
- Comfortable brainstorming ideas to organize growing volume of content
It’s a plus if you have:
- Previous experience as a copywriter, technical writer, writing customer-facing documentation in a Support role
- Technical experience with coding, Linux, desktop support, or HTML
- Experience with community and documentation platforms (examples: ReadMe.io, Discourse, Zendesk Help Center)
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.