We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Senior FP&A Analyst
Why We Need You
Pagerduty is recruiting an experienced Finance professional to help drive a comprehensive finance program around the Company’s global business reporting, forecasting & planning and decision support for G&A and R&D activities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior FP&A Analyst will help drive the Company’s day-to-day financial planning and analysis (“FP&A”), monthly close activities, management reporting, business transaction support, and business intelligence activities.
The Sr. Analyst will participate in the development and delivery of the Company’s financial forecasts and business planning, including the creation of complex financial models and forecasts with line-of-business, departmental, regional, product dimensions, as well as the company’s capital allocations.
The Sr Analyst will gain invaluable experience in a position which offers significant responsibility and interaction with management as well as have an opportunity to impact decisions in Pagerduty’s G&A and R&D operations.
How you impact our vision
- Perform monthly close activities including invoice accruals and reclasses, BvA report generation and review with Business Leaders
- Participate in the preparation and review of annual budgets and the implementation of rolling 8-quarter forecasting for the purposes of providing visibility into the business and establishing financial guidance targets.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret financial and operating results and information; improve forecast accuracy and visibility.
- Serve as key business partner and contributor to growth strategies, tactics, mid and long-range planning.
- Support the financial evaluation and implications of potential new products, operating models, contracts, marketing programs and technology solutions.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and financial analysis and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Provide support for existing frameworks for effective investment decision making, such as ROI, EVA, and Economic Profit analytical tools to ensure decisions are made in alignment with the creation of shareholder value
- Special project support as assigned by the VP, Finance
- B.S. in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent, from a leading undergraduate institution; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years financial analysis experience from a high growth SaaS or leading public accounting, investment bank, consulting, Fortune 500 firm. Experience in supporting Marketing organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated prowess in financial and strategic planning, including core competencies in budgeting and reporting, financial modeling and analysis, capital budgeting and good familiarity with corporate accounting.
- Excellent analytical, modeling and communication skills, in-depth experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Netsuite and Anaplan a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style. We are looking for someone who has the ability to net out the important issues.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask; an independent / flexible problem solver who copes positively with changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated history and ability dealing with executive management.
- Ability to respond and prioritize effectively while meeting deadlines.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.