We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
As a Principal Product Manager for PagerDuty Integrations you will foster a developer and partner integrations, help drive new business use cases through partner integrations and make the platform more valuable through easy-to-use integrations. This is an outcome-driven role, which means you have the autonomy and resources to do what's needed to hit your numbers.
Why We Need You
As Principal Product Manager with Platform, you’ll help lead PagerDuty through a highly strategic transformation from a pure product to a platform. PagerDuty is transitioning from a set of products to a platform that consists of a set of configurable, flexible building blocks that can be leveraged to manage a variety of real-time work and real-time workflows. With that, we are increasing our engagement with partners integrating other tools with PagerDuty, consultants building bespoke solutions, and customers customizing the platform and creating deeper integrations to fit specific environments and specific workflows. Come help us kick off the new Platform group, which will consist of a new set of product development teams who are building the building blocks of the new PagerDuty Platform.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help our customers better manage a variety of different types of real-time urgent work, not just in Software and IT Operations, but in a variety of other functions across the landscape of Digital Operations. In this role, you’ll play a key technical leadership role across several development teams working to define and build a set of platform building blocks to manage real-time work and real-time workflows. The Platform team is working closely with other product development teams internally who will leverage these building blocks to build new products. We’re also working closely with customers and partners to better understand their needs as it comes to platform flexibility and customizability; our larger, more sophisticated customers, in particular, are asking for a high level of customizability in terms of how they manage real-time work (such as alerts, incidents, post-mortems, security events, etc).
The ideal candidate
You bridge the world of integration development and business development. You're equally comfortable discussing the merits of an API structure and the business case for an integration with a potential partner. You can rapidly learn 3rd-party applications( ServiceNow, Atlassian, other ticketing platform experience preferred) and design integrations that are feasible, usable and maintainable.
What you'll do
- Define the integration & partnership pattern for ticketing integrations primarily with potential to expand in to new use-cases
- Design integrations with our top partners to help us expand and make our integrations easy to use.
- Work closely with business development to create partnerships with top 3rd-party vendors.
- Design the tools and content for channel partners to demo and seamlessly onboard customers to the platform.
- Prioritize feedback from 3rd-party developers, internal Professional Services and partner teams.
- Support marketing with content and awareness for developers and internal stakeholders.
- Lay out a roadmap to extend our Integrations from current state to best-in-class.
- 10+ years of product management experience for a SaaS, or enterprise software company preferably with B2B applications
- At least 4 years of experience in product management or engineering where you were responsible for 3rd party software application integrations
- Strong knowledge of integration architecture, patterns and platforms, understanding of cross-application business processes and flows, and knowledge of API best practices
- Comfortable experimenting with 3rd party APIs, designing APIs based on RESTful principles, and collaborating on integration solution design
- Excellent problem solving skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface & communicate with customers and all stakeholders within the organization
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional teams that include engineering, product management, sales, and marketing staff
- Rapid, resourceful problem solver.
- Experience with Agile software methods or a desire to learn them; we don’t throw PRDs over the fence and hope for the best.
- You strongly empathize with customers. You can sit down with users and understand the ways that your product is not satisfying their needs.
- You can lead without giving orders and argue a viewpoint persuasively.
- You can write, speak, and think about complicated and highly technical problems with uncommon lucidity.
- You have enough technical knowledge to be respected by engineers.
- Experience working with project management software application analysis, design or implementation with a history of successful execution of plans.
- Proven record of product management accomplishments and initiatives with demonstrated success in product build and releasing to market
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, technical related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Development experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of Security and Compliance requirements for SaaS solutions would be nice to have
- Prior experience in engineering is highly preferred.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.