PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be distributed by design, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users worldwide, including 60% of the Fortune 100.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
As the Marketing Events manager, you’ll be responsible for working effectively with internal teams, industry organizations and external vendors to deliver world-class event programs that drive successful results against strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals.
You will work cross functionally to enhance and execute our programs. The ideal individual thrives under pressure, loves to travel and has a passion for reflecting a brand through event experiences, production and logistics. The individual will be creative with an incredible eye for detail and be able to get up to speed and execute with a solid sense for the PagerDuty brand, culture and products.
Key responsibilities include assisting with the planning and executing the overall partner and proprietary event strategy for PagerDuty with a large focus on our PagerDuty Summit, our biggest event of the year gathering over 10K+ customers, prospects, partners and leaders with thought leadership and a visionary point of view. You should have experience in both virtual and in person event engagements to extend the outreach to our audience that best fits the macro environment. As part of a small team, you will assist with planning the event strategy, building themes and experiences, promotions, reporting, negotiating with and contracting vendors, and more. You’ll also play a key role across other major company events, such as the annual company kickoff.
- Assist with planning and execution of future PagerDuty Summit event program end-to-end.
- Assist with the creative development of event initiatives, from branding, agenda design, content creation, and venue selection to event execution.
- Negotiate and run external partners/vendors for multiple events.
- Connect business priorities, objectives and key messages to content delivery.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to create event agendas and content that meets engagement objectives.
- Develop and utilize planning tools; i.e. budget tracking, project timeline, production schedules, event specs, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
- Create event communications and promotion for assigned programs (in partnership with demand generation and client development teams) to drive attendance.
- Assist with tracking of budget costs throughout the course of event project and communicate scope changes that affect budget.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with team members and other cross-functional departments (product marketing, creative, operations, client development and support, finance, legal, etc).
- Gather and track return on investment, engagement analytics and feedback to consistently assess opportunities for improvement.
- Be a standout colleague that is willing to build out and innovate processes that will ensure the success of our events with our global production partners.
- Stay on top of event trends, standard methodologies and technologies to maintain a high-reaching advantage and build creative, memorable experiences.
- BA/BS degree from accredited four-year college or university
- 4+ years of in-person and virtual event management and planning experience, at least some of which has been gained through large, production-heavy events
- Event planning association certification a plus
- Experienced and willing to work across all aspects of the marketing process: future products, current business, marketing communications, branding, positioning and messaging, and downstream demand / lead generation
- High energy and passion for marketing, branding and driving business growth coupled with a consistent track record that demonstrates positive results
- Experience with marketing SaaS platforms/offerings, experience in SaaS/ High technology B2B industry preferred
- Excellent communication, partnership, collaboration, and project management skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work on multiple project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and unexpected complexities can crop up
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports all of our people and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
The questions posed in the following voluntary questionnaire are required under applicable laws and cannot be edited by PagerDuty. Although you may not see your identity reflected in the dropdown response options and feel unseen, you are encouraged to bring your full self as a candidate and a Dutonian.