We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter. For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
PagerDuty is looking for a strategic, analytical, and results-oriented leader. As the Director of Growth & Web, you will define and own the growth roadmap to enable seamless user onboarding experience. You and your team will improve our conversion funnels on our website to drive more new logos and customers. Working in this highly cross functional role, you will also be the glue between marketing and product to ensure a seamless customer experience from the time they land on our homepage through to trial and paid.
How you impact our vision:
- Product Growth Strategy
- Develop web and growth product strategy and roadmap that enables seamless user onboarding and PagerDuty self-serve experience
- Manage and define long-term product strategy, product plans and use cases for the trial experience
- Responsible for PagerDuty homepage and website development
- Drive product development and a rapid iterate and learn approach with a team of product managers and engineers
- Leadership & Management
- Manage and develop a team of high performing Product Managers
- Be the growth team lead for Growth Engineering team
- Partner with Engineering, UX Design, Product, Marketing, and Sales Teams to define and drive successful execution of roadmap initiatives and achievement of our KPIs
- Drive for Results
- Define KPIs and measure success by setting goals with measurable success criteria at every stage of the product funnel
- Champion A/B testing to continuously improve performance and identify new opportunities for growth
- Identify and clear roadblocks for the team and enable cross functional collaboration
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 8+ years of work experience in Product Management roles successfully collaborating with Engineers and Designers, with a particular focus on building web products in an agile environment
- 5+ years of experience managing, coaching and developing a team
- Significant experience with conversion optimization, marketing attribution, A/B testing, and experimentation
- Previous experience creating and implementing a web-based product strategy and roadmap
- Experience influencing and working cross functionally with Product, UX Design, and executive team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal skills, time management, decision-making, presentation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate and excel at strategic as well as tactical levels --Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar program, or equivalent work experience
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.