We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Why We Need You
What You’ll Do
ESG Strategy, Integration and Performance
- Own the development of PagerDuty’s long-term ESG & Sustainability strategy and roadmap that is integrated with PagerDuty’s social impact strategy, company purpose, and business objectives
- Work across a diverse group of stakeholders (Investor Relations, Legal, Finance, People and Places, Security, and Social Impact) to define goals for each business unit, and partner effectively to implement and track progress against these goals
- Continuously monitor ESG developments, industry standards, and regulations that may affect the company, adapting the program as appropriate
Measurement, Evaluation and Reporting
- Apply relevant standards and frameworks (e.g. SASB, GRI, SDGs) to PagerDuty’s ESG and environmental sustainability effort; use data, benchmarks and insights from evolving ESG standards to evaluate company performance
- Lead and coordinate company-wide tools for ESG measurement and monitoring; monitor compliance with ESG-related policies
- Own reporting and tracking for ESG metrics and environmental sustainability
- Partner with Investor Relations, Legal, Sales, and Communications teams to gather, verify, and prepare data for investor, customer, and board reports and presentations
Operations and Cross-functional Management
- Manage PagerDuty’s cross-functional ESG committee, including annual cadence for reporting and disclosures and financial planning for ESG and environmental sustainability investments; effectively manage outside consultants/vendors
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement and communications strategies to align stakeholder involvement with PagerDuty’s roadmap and progress
- Develop the overall narrative for PagerDuty’s ESG & Sustainability efforts in partnership with the Marketing team, including internal and external communication strategies
- Represent PagerDuty externally with relevant industry coalitions and internally to employees and executives
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in ESG, environmental sustainability, or CSR, with experience in ESG strategy development and reporting
- Deep knowledge in sustainability, climate change, ESG topics, and current trends
- Past ownership over the creation of ESG or sustainability reports
- Exceptional cross-functional management skills; ability to bring people together around a common goal and lead by influence
- Highly skilled in data analysis and building smart and efficient cross-functional processes
- Strong written and presentation skills for high-visibility storytelling, both internally and externally; adept at synthesizing complex inputs from multiple stakeholders
- A passion for stakeholder capitalism and a strong desire to evolve the relationship between business and society
- A desire to build
- Bachelors’ degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience with high-growth companies preferred
Meet the Manager
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.