We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Why We Need You
How You Impact Our Vision
- Design and develop websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them
- Code and implement custom WordPress sites from design layouts, or plugins
- Ensure proper instrumentation of tools to track user behavior, metrics, etc as well as produce automated tests using tools
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content for existing websites.
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle and facilitate site documentation and maintenance
- Lead new projects from concept through launch. Collaborate with Product Managers to produce wireframe mock-ups, architectures and flows. Then lead usability workshops to refine workflows, get buy in, and progress to implementation.
- Build and deployment strategies for multiple environments are a plus
- You’re not a designer, but you know good web UX design and conversion best practices when you see them. You understand usability, responsive design, testing, and technical SEO
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, requirements gathering, sprint processes and ceremonies. Able to lead the group and help prioritize work
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time without sacrificing attention to detail
- Collaborate with and influence other developers leveraging your clear communication skills
- 5+ years experience working in a high-paced web development growth team
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Strong knowledge of Cloudflare Required with completion of work on at least one project
- Past experience and/or strong passion in building global websites and apps
- Influence cross team initiatives and mentor junior engineers
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices, including technical SEO
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs (Zendesk, WordPress, Discourse, Drift, Marketo)
- Experience having scaled websites to meet business requirements
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Proficiency in design applications (Invision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Jira or other agile management tools is a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility standards is a plus
- Experience with Docker containers and CI tools
- Experience working with Cloudflare and a general understanding of DNS, edge networks, and HTTP protocol
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.