We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer (Remote) to develop and deploy tools for infrastructure management, automation, monitoring, and containerized deployments for our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have prior work experience with tools including, but not limited to, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, MongoDB, and Postgres with a proven ability to develop code at a high standard of excellence. We hope to find a candidate who possesses the ability to take on important technical and theoretical challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
You are a good fit if:
- You have a strong background in automation tools, containerized software development, and computer networking.
- You have a strong foundation in adhering to best-practices related to coding and software engineering in general.
- You have 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- You have a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and previous experience working within an Agile environment.
- You have experience with containerized microservice deployments and developing CI/CD pipelines.
- You are smart and get things done.
- You like to research and dig into tasks and problems with tenacity.
- You want to have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the things you build.
- You enjoy learning new things, staying up-to-date with cutting edge technologies, applying knowledge acquired through research and documentation, and see yourself as a self-starter.
Your day to day will look like:
- Our objectives are simple; provide a secure, resilient, and error free platform to our clients and smooth deployment pipelines for the team. You are expected to research, plan, architect and execute on tasks that help us improve all aspects of our environments and platform.
- In addition, the platform team plays a major role in the daily support of the greater team with all aspects of the developmental life cycle, CI/CD processes and pipelines, releases and infrastructure management.
Technologies that the Platform Team currently uses:
Knowledge in several of the following technologies from an infrastructure perspective is imperative:
- Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform, VPCs, Docker, Postgresql, MongoDb, Redis, Cloudbuild, StackDriver, NewRelic, Velero
- Bash, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, GO
Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.