Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is looking for an experienced, passionate Contract Attorney with experience drafting, reviewing and coordinating legal contracts to join our growing team. You’ll be hands on working with our CEO, Product and Corporate Development teams serving as counsel on strategic projects, contracts, providing day-to-day advice, and resolving issues that arise across the business regarding all sorts of contracts.
- Work with Leadership in drafting, reviewing, assessing, and commenting on vendor agreements and other legal contracts
- Work closely with the Corporate Development team as well as other key business units to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of contracts, including sales, licensing, marketing, professional services and NDA's
- Monitor and update contracts required to comply with state and federal law, regulatory or plan requirements
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently
- Support the ongoing improvement of our contract templates, playbooks and processes, with an emphasis on efficiency and scalability
- Stay current on industry, commercial, intellectual property, open source, privacy and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice
- A JD and be a member of the New York Bar in good standing
- 5+ years of experience at a top tier law firm
- 5+ years of corporate transaction experience including commercial contracts, M&A transactions, corporate securities and/or litigation
- 2+ years of in-house experience; working in-house at either a healthcare or technology company is a nice to have
- Experience with drafting and negotiating contracts such as BAA, MSA, NDA, SOW and other agreements
- Experience with legal issues related to SaaS driven products is a plus
- Ability to translate between business and technical risk and communicate clearly to business and technical constituencies
- Past experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.