Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs who are determined to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Web chapter. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment and cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers. We’re looking for compassionate leaders who believe in leadership through service, by example, and with empathy.
Our growing team is composed of over 40 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ and around the world.
- 6+ years of real-world development experience
- 1+ year of managerial experience
- Hands on experience managing a team of 4+ engineers
- High level of expertise in React.Js and/or Vue.JS
- Eagerness to remain hands on in development (80% managerial - 20% coding)
- Understanding of intersection of engineering, product, and business development
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps and reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker and mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc..
- Previous experience with hiring and building engineering teams
OUR TECH STACK
- Vue.js, VueX
- React, Redux
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Hapijs, @hapi/code, @hapi/lab
- Jenkins, Drone, Cloudbuild
- Docker & K8S,
- AWS, Google Cloud
- IaC: Terraform, Helm
- Observability & Alerting: Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Native iOS
- Native Android
We strive for service oriented architecture (help us break the monolith!) and we try to adhere to open source development style/standards.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.