Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to take our Engineering teams to the next level. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment and cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers.
Our growing team is composed of over 35 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ and around the world.
- Experience managing 20+ direct and indirect reports within an Engineering department
- 4+ years of Engineering Management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing Management level employees
- Development experience in continuous integration environments (Circle, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Extensive experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Engine, etc)
- Comprehensive knowledge of database systems (Postgres, mySQL, Mongo) and backend architecture (microservice, SOA, etc)
- Ability to develop KPI’s and metrics for our development efforts
- Demonstrates an understanding of the intersection of engineering, product, and business development
- Previous experience with hiring and building engineering teams
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps and reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker and mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- 8+ years of real-world development experience
- Start-up experience
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc.
OUR TECH STACK
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- Microservice architecture
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.