We are looking for a Director of Engineering to take our Backend and Dev-ops teams to the next level. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment and cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers.
Our growing team is composed of over 20 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ and around the world.
- Managed a team of 8+ engineers
- Background in backend and dev-ops
- Development experience in continuous integration environments (Circle, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Extensive experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Engine, etc)
- Comprehensive knowledge of database systems (Postgres, mySQL, Mongo) and backend architecture (microservice, SOA, etc)
- Ability to develop KPI’s and metrics for our development efforts
- Understanding of intersection of engineering, product, and business development
- Previous experience with hiring and building engineering teams
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps and reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker and mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- 8+ years of real-world development experience
- 4+ years of managerial experience
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc.
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
- Decentralized in decision making
- Learning culture
OUR TECH STACK
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful startups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product and long nights of happy hours or group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.