Lead Product Designer-remote
Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we’re disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you’re motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, Self-Awareness, and Compassionate Directness.
Learn more about PadSplit here
As a Lead Product Designer, you are a detail-oriented, hard-working, problem solver with an optimistic attitude, that can easily (and happily) wear many hats. You are able to uphold our company’s principles and values while adding to our unique culture. As a member of our Product Team, you will broadly be responsible for working with the Product Team and other stakeholders to visualize easy-to-use and seamless Product Features and building the Product Design culture at PadSplit.
This is an awesome opportunity to work with a great team to deliver impactful and meaningful features. Chances are, your vision will be live and out in the wild in a few short weeks after you create them! There’s a lot of growth opportunity and your work will have a strong influence in formulating the design culture at PadSplit.
- Collaborate with the Product Design team to improve the Product Design discipline at PadSplit, implement design processes and help build the design culture for the PadSplit product team.
- Take charge of the entire design process from research to high-fidelity mock-ups to feature refinement after delivery.
- Collaborate with internal teams and users to understand problems, user needs, and business objectives.
- Quickly iterate and deliver lo to hi-fidelity mockups and whenever possible, create prototypes to inform the Product Development process.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to make sure Design vision is being met.
- You must have 4+ years experience in Product Design.
- Fluency in English
- You have experience working on products from conception to final shipping.
- A strong portfolio showcasing both UX and Visual Design work
- You are a self-starter and can work quickly and create a structure for yourself in a fast-moving environment.
- You are not afraid to speak up and be an advocate for design while being flexible with negotiable design elements. A strong prioritization ability of essential features is required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Untracked Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience and equity options available
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PadSplit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org