Fleet and Heavy Equipment Maintenance Manager
This position is responsible for all rolling equipment - truck, trailer, and heavy equipment maintenance throughout PADNOS’s large diverse fleet. Main responsibilities will include leading a large team of skilled mechanics, implementation of lean practices in all shops, efficiency tracking of services/repairs, parts inventory management, analyzing fleet for maintenance and replacement needs. The goal of these responsibilities will result in increased team member competencies, a safe work environment, equipment availability and reliability. This individual must be a team player who actively participates by living our company values while prioritize the needs of our team members and actively coaches them to support personal and professional growth.
- Invest in our Talent: Lead by example. Develop a culture of flexibility and continuous learning.
- Actively develop and maintain a “safety always” culture throughout the shops
- Maintain 100% participation in Safety Rules & Responsibilities
- Review, report and resolve all safety events (injuries, close calls, etc.)
- Improve the engagement and morale of the team as measured by eNPS and other HR survey tools
- Drive a culture of accountability and excellence in safety, quality repairs and efficiency
- Improve quality and depth of team
- Recruit. Right people in the Right seats. Build a Bench
- Leverage industry training partners to create a pipeline of talent and ensure PADNOS team members maintain leading skill sets (trade schools, Certification programs)
- Be a Best & Brightest Team: Create a strong culture of ownership and pride and be the team to which others want to belong.
- Operational Excellence: Support LPT and Manufacturing in building a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead structured daily, weekly, monthly meeting rhythm to manage the team and communicate. This needs to include key performance indicators KPI’s
- Analyze fleet and heavy equipment to support capital acquisition of rolling equipment
- Utilize lean tools to increase capacity and reduce costs of rolling equipment assets (measure, establish baseline, improve)
- Implement and leverage technology to track equipment efficiency and effectiveness
- Increase Capabilities: Seek out new methods, workflows, equipment, and technologies to be ahead of the curve in our maintenance capabilities. Always push us to the next great thing. Be the first to know.
- Define and document leading practices to increase repeatability, availability, and reliability of equipment.
- Utilize Lean practices to identify tools, equipment, and shop layouts to maximize efficiencies
- Justify new processing capabilities for efficient use of equipment by defining the right equipment for the job
- Support rapid fleet growth with internal and external maintenance solutions
- Leadership / Integrity
- Lean Maintenance Practices
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen/Financial Literacy
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Stress Management/Composure
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Presentation Skills
- 100% participation in safety program
- Improve team member engagement score in annual survey
- 100% Services completed on time
- Completion of quarterly rock goals
- Maintain breakeven P&L while hitting budget
- Improvement in truck and trailer service/repair efficiencies
- Fleet CSA Maintenance score
Be a part of the green movement and join PADNOS today!
PADNOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, weight, height, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, genetic medical information, protected veteran status, or disability status.