Our skilled trades professionals use their hands-on technical and mechanical abilities to work on a variety of unique equipment to our industry. We are looking for motivated individuals who have the strong ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and the desire to make tomorrow better than today. PADNOS recognizes the demand for skilled trades so we are teaming with educators to develop partnerships and create hands-on programs for students and individuals. Electricians at PADNOS have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of equipment and tasks throughout our more than 20 locations.
PADNOS is a full-service recycling company handling paper, plastic, metals and electronic recycling. We tailor recycling programs for consumer and industrial clients throughout the United States. PADNOS was founded over a century ago and continues to transform the recycling industry. The company has thrived as a family business through four generations and has grown to be a market leader and best in class innovator.
PADNOS has a rich history of taking care of our Team Members, their families and the multiple communities we serve. We invest in our Team Members and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 100% Tuition reimbursement for Team Members
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement for dependents
- First Time Home Buying Assistance
- 401K Match and Profit Sharing
- Performance Driven Bonuses
2nd Shift 3:30 pm to 12:00 am Sunday to Thursday
OR 3rd Shift 7:00 pm to 3:00 am Sunday to Thursday**
*Will Train on 1st Shift until capable of moving to off-shift role*
Electrician Position Summary:
This position is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of all electrical equipment and electrical-related equipment. A working knowledge of general machine maintenance and operation is needed in troubleshooting equipment. Will be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing damages on an off-shift. This individual will also assist in the training of electrical apprentices. Actively participates and displays behaviors of the company values. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair electrical equipment at all company locations
- Read and maintain electrical blue-prints
- Ability to perform working on large equipment one day to installing lights the next day
- Ability to perform variety of electrical tasks
- Uses both analog and digital electrical test equipment, including multi-meters, amp probes and megars
- Familiarity with electrical terms and symbols, wire sizes and ampacities, conduit sizes and fills, ohm’s law
- Bending of conduits both by hand and with power benders in a neat and workman like manner
- Travel to other internal company locations
- Performs programming and troubleshooting on PLC ‘s
- Master electricians license preferred and licensed electrician is required
- Minimum two years experience in rewiring or reinstalling industrial electrical wiring and control work, including conduit bending, basic wire calculations, blueprint reading and multimeter use.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and PLC’s necessary.
- Must be able to work odd hours or travel overnight if necessary.
- Must have strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Work off ladders, man-lifts, work-baskets and other elevated equipment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to roll up sleeves to fix the needed repairs or installs.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail.
- Patient and diligent
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor environment.
Be a part of the green movement and join PADNOS today!
PADNOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, weight, height, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, genetic medical information, protected veteran status, or disability status.