Our professional Manufacturing Team Leads and Supervisors are committed to providing service excellence and are passionate about going above and beyond to exceed our customer’s expectations. We are looking for individuals who have integrity with strong initiative and relentless attention to detail to do the right thing. We continue to find ways to innovate, lead and make a positive difference in the world. Join our successful team and have an impact on sustainability, one day at a time.
PADNOS is a full-service recycling company handling paper, plastic, metals and electronic recycling. We tailor recycling programs for consumer and industrial clients throughout the United States. PADNOS was founded over a century ago and continues to transform the recycling industry. The company has thrived as a family business through four generations and has grown to be a market leader and best in class innovator.
PADNOS has a rich history of taking care of our Team Members, their families and the multiple communities we serve. We invest in our Team Members and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 100% Tuition reimbursement for Team Members
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement for dependents
- First Time Home Buying Assistance
- 401K Match and Profit Sharing
- Performance Driven Bonuses
Manufacturing Team Lead Schedule:
Sunday- Thursday, 9:00pm- 6:00am
Off shift premium
Manufacturing Team Lead Position Summary:
The Team Lead will report directly to the Operation Coach. They will be responsible for overall operations of the production and logistics areas during their shift. The Team Lead will work directly with their team to build moral, mentor, and ensure proper safety protocols are followed. You will be required to wear PPE in this position including, high vis, safety glasses, steel toed boots, and hard hat. The Manufacturing Team Lead will also be responsible for leading daily stand up's with the team, hand offs with other leaders and organizing team daily to hit the production goals.
- Maintain and record production data
- Implement PADNOS Safety Responsibility Rules processes and expectations daily with team members.
- Work directly with Coach to assess workflow improvements in and out of the plant.
- Create new processes and implement change to maximize efficiencies.
- Execute sound problem-solving practices for all types of situations.
- Communicate clearly and consistently on mission critical information both up and down their reporting structure.
- Understand and communicate concerns based upon level of risk.
- Achieve competency in buying, switching, inventory management and other duties to backfill gaps as needed.
- Maintain positive and pro-active approach to running the plant and yard.
- Provide mentorship and training of Plant Team Members.
- Ability to learn and become a certified trainer on all small and large equipment used on site.
- Exceed KPI targets through team-based leadership.
- Build a culture of diversity, inclusion, fairness, accountability equity, and high standards with all personnel.
- Assure the highest level of quality in all tasks being performed.
- This role requires a strong presence on the floor engaging with their employees on a regular basis (90% of the time).
- Development and construction of work instructions.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Collaboration within the company - Work closely with operations management and internal and external service departments to ensure timely repair.
Manufacturing Team Lead Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Employee will be subject to temperatures from 32 to over 100 degrees.
- The job is performed indoors on a manufacturing floor / plant. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, sparks, oil and smoke may occur. Protective safety equipment may be required including, but not limited to,: hearing protection, steel toed boots, gloves, hardhat, and safety eyewear as needed. Activities may include extended periods of standing.
- Must be able to independently tear down and repair machinery. While there is maintenance on site, we seek mechanically apt. individuals who can jump in when needed.
Manufacturing Team Lead Position Qualifications:
- 2 plus years experience leading a team of individuals in a manufacturing environment
- Past experience in inventory control
- Past experience leading a safety culture
- Mechanical aptitude: past experience in vehicle repairs is useful
- Experience making decisions as unforeseen changes happen
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys technology and learning new computer systems
- Ability to serve and to lead
- Must be able to perform to all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations
Be a part of the green movement and join PADNOS today!
PADNOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, weight, height, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, genetic medical information, protected veteran status, or disability status.