What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain with its industrialized Revenue Delivery Platform that makes it easy for SaaS companies to respond faster and more precisely to every growth opportunity across acquisition, renewals and expansion.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
Our Engineering Department is split into 3 cross functional Product teams, and an SRE team. Our Product teams are made up of an Engineering Team Lead, a Product Manager, and Frontend and Backend engineers, depending on the demands of the team. Each Product team focuses on a specific domain, currently, these are Checkout, Payments, SaaS and Subscriptions. Our SRE teams job is to enable Product teams to be able to take on Platform and Ops tasks themselves, and our SOC teams job is to ensure our platform is stable.
You are empowered to use the right tech for the job. You’ll have the freedom to input into what technology and tooling are used and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
Tech we use
Here’s some of the tech we use day to day, with Go and PHP being the main tech. We’re not expecting you to have experience in all areas.
- Go for our new services
- PHP and Laravel for our legacy system
- Docker in production and local development
- gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
- AWS lambda for event-based services
- AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
- MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
What you'll do
- Develop high traffic APIs used by hundreds of thousands users per month
- Engineer high-performance background workers for consuming queues
- Practise DevOps, you’re responsible for getting your code to production and supporting it
- Use the latest AWS services available to run your code
- Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Play a part in an agile team, either kanban or scrum as needed
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- A solid development background with PHP experience
- Golang experience is desirable but not essential
- Experienced designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with our technical and non-technical departments
- Proactive and find ways to improve the code and team processes
- A strong understanding of the development process - from design through to deployment, maintenance, and what that means for day-to-day development
- Someone who takes pride in what you build
- Interested in what new tools and techniques you could introduce to us!
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 200 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.