As Principal Product Designer at Paddle, you’ll use your full range of skills from problem exploration, user research, running ideation session, prototyping, UX/UI design and working closely with the engineering team to make things happen.
Furthermore, you’ll need to think strategically about the future of the product and contribute to the development of a scalable design system and process. You need to be a holistic problem solver who can look beyond and above pixels and contribute proactively at different levels.
You will sit in the product team who are responsible for making sure we build the best, customer-centred products at Paddle. As a team we believe in ownership, autonomy and accountability. We work alongside engineering in multi-functional product teams which have a strong product manager and product designer who collaborate (and are comfortable switching roles if required) to reach the best solution.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to further build out the Paddle platform, creating tools to help software businesses grow.
- Be involved in user interviews and user testing.
- Design and prototype intuitive user interfaces.
- Work on building out features which make complex tasks + workflows simple and easy to understand for all levels of customer.
- In conjunction with our product managers you will use data to drive your decisions as much as possible.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have demonstrated experience working as a product designer in a startup environment (or similar product environment).
- You are capable of working autonomously on a task from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- You have strong UI design skills (over multiple roles) using Sketch (or similar).
- You have experience (and understand the benefit) of prototyping before implementation using something like Framer (or even HTML & CSS).
- You have previously used an analytics product to inform design decisions.
- You will have performed customer interviews, user research (both quantitative and qualitative).
- You have a desire and passion to completely own the customer facing experience, across both a complex platform used to run hundreds of software companies and a checkout product used by millions of consumers.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of just over 100 people (quickly on our way to 180+) based near London Bridge (but moving to Shoreditch by EOY). We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining office football team, taking up in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you!