Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility. With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance requirements.
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Pachyderm is looking for a Python & JupyterHub developer to join our team that is building a data science platform.
You'll be working closely with our design & product team to implement new features. Your main task will be integrating Pachyderm with JupyterHub. You will also be part of the team working on several exciting integrations with other tools and platforms. As an early member of the team, you will have a ton of ownership and impact on the product direction. You'll be required to collaborate closely with other engineers and product leaders.
While your primary focus will be building the product, you’ll also have direct exposure to users and enterprise customers. At Pachyderm, open-source user and customer feedback is a major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
The long and short of it is, if you're looking to make a big impact on a small team that works on open source software and delivers an enterprise-grade product, then this role is for you. You can check out our product on GitHub.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- 3+ years of experience as a Python Developer
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization in Python
- Experience with widgets and interactive visualizations in Jupyter
- Experience writing Jupyter Notebook and/or Jupyter Lab extensions
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Bonus: Experience deploying and customizing JupyterHub a plus
- Bonus: Knowledge of TypeScript and AngularJS a plus
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!