At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto” and take a look at how some of our customers are using pachyderm here.
What it’s like being part of The Pach
Pachyderm is a rapidly growing, Series B company funded by the top VC’s — Benchmark, Decibel, M12, and YCombinator. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Pachyderm is still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build and maintain our documentation infrastructure, web portal, and release process
- Write documentation for new product features
- Translate technical challenges into simplified documents
- Define recommendations on content standards, needed improvements, and content gaps
- Prioritize and document customer and user bugs to inform engineering efforts
- Work closely with engineering, support and customer success
- Experience reading/writing technical documentation for engineers
- Must be comfortable working on a terminal
- Familiarity with version-control systems (GIT) and MkDocs is a big plus
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, kubernetes, or data science are all bonus point
- Experience in writing clear and concise procedural documentation for a technical audience
- Project management skills, including task planning and timelines
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Curious, enthusiastic learner who can translate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, 99% dental and vision, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!