Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility. With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance requirements.
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Love Docker, Kubernetes, Golang, and distributed systems?
As a senior engineer, you will provide technical leadership to our Cloud Infrastructure group. You will have a significant impact on the evolution of Pachyderm Hub’s architecture. Our mission is to build the best in class scalable data science platform as a service. You will be a highly effective developer, mentor, and own the technical direction for the product. You will lead the team by example and bias towards solving problems through design for long term stickiness. You are a passionate and pragmatic technologist who works collaboratively and genuinely invests in leveling up engineers around you. You are excited by building an exceptional platform service and are able to effectively drive technical decisions.
While your primary focus will of course be building the core product, you’ll also have direct exposure to our users and customers. You will have a significant influence on our product roadmap.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Experience working in backend services, data infrastructure, or distributed systems
- 10+ years of engineering experience working with complex distributed systems, relational databases, or cloud/web services
- Ability to lead and guide excellent engineering teams
- Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that guide us towards a long-term vision
- Curious and have a design-driven approach to problem-solving
- Passionate for driving continual improvement initiative on engineering standard methodologies like coding, testing, or monitoring
- While it is a bonus, experience with Golang is not a strict requirement. Programming languages are just part of your arsenal and we’ve found that great engineers have no problem learning new tools.
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!