Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility. With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance requirements.
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Love testing distributed systems?
Pachyderm is hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us architect and build out the framework for testing the core product - a distributed version-controlled filesystem and data processing engine. You’ll be working on challenging distributed systems testing problems every day and helping us build a first-of-its-kind, containerized, data infrastructure platform.
Your primary focus will be to work on building the automation infrastructure, tools, and framework for testing the core product. In addition, you will help layout sustainable practices within engineering to continually raise the quality bar. At Pachyderm, OSS user and customer feedback is a major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand. In this role, you will be the customer voice within engineering. This is expected to be a development/automation focused role and some amount of manual testing. You will have a outsized impact in making your stakeholders (developers, customer team, and ultimately customers) successful and happy.
In this role, you will use Docker, Kubernetes, Go, Python, CI systems, various cloud providers, and more.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain an automated testing framework, tools, and infrastructure
- Test the product for performance, resiliency, security, scalability, and reliability
- Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, code paths, and overall behavioral characteristics of the platform
- Own the performance and longevity benchmarks
- Analyze and understand existing test coverage and test cases, identifying opportunities for redesign, replacement, reusability, and improvement in efficiency and performance
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from tests and customer issues
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Care about developer happiness and be a champion for our customers
- Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the Pachyderm platform
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker automation
- Experience with automation in distributed systems
- Strong programming skills and experience (Go, Java, Python, C++)
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts.
- Professional experience in Databases and/or Distributed Systems
- BS in CS (or equivalent technical degree) and 5+ years of relevant work experience (QA/Automation/Development)
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!