Come be a part of a team passionate about changing the nature of preventative health in society. Paceline is seeking an inspirational technology leader to propel us into the uncharted space where FitTech meets FinTech. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of strategic thinking, leadership, communication skills, and technical expertise.
- Lead the entire engineering organization by managing and cultivating a close-knit team of engineering managers, directors, architects, and principal engineers.
- Drive the engineering growth strategy by attracting the most talented individual contributors and outsourcing to the highest quality third parties.
- Collaborate with head of product and other business leaders to define and prioritize technology projects that support our business objectives and KPIs.
- Inspire your engineers to build the best software of their careers and drive a culture of collaboration, efficiency, and quality.
- Forecast budgets and negotiate for the best contract terms with our software and technology partners.
- Help guide strategic decision-making, especially new technical partnerships and/or acquisitions.
- Establish, execute, and communicate the technical roadmap to senior management, as well as to the entire organization.
- Propose and track budgets.
- 15+ years experience and 8+ years leadership experience at a startup or a large organization with a similar culture. Demonstrate experience leading a rapid team at scale.
- Highly technical with strong expertise in native serverless infrastructure, architecture, cloud and mobile development, QA, data platforms, and devops.
- Strong passion for the discipline of engineering and learning through data.
- Exceptional experience providing technical leadership and guidance.
- Passion for product excellence and experience working in organizations with strong collaboration between Engineering, Product, Design, and Business functions
- Direct experience working in the health or fintech industries is a significant plus.
- Computer Science (or similar) background.
Benefits of Working at Paceline
- Competitive salary, unlimited vacation, and a remote-friendly culture
- Generous stock options
- Your own fitness wearable (ex: Apple Watch, Fitbit, or Garmin)
- Healthcare benefits and 401K
Paceline is an early stage, venture backed startup bringing together the worlds of health & wellness and financial services to change the nature of preventive health in society. We’re building a best-in-class fitness rewards platform and innovative financial ecosystem, powered by physical activity, with the goal of helping people live longer, healthier, and better lives.
Paceline was founded by seasoned insurance and banking executives who recognized an opportunity to disrupt the $4.7 trillion financial services market by investing in healthy behavior. Our fast growing team has extensive experience across the financial services, consumer, and digital sectors (including AIA, Sephora, Capital One, Ibotta, Uber, Yelp, The Real Real, Wayfair, and Prolific Interactive).
Preference for candidates in San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA, or Denver, CO, though will consider Fully Remote for the right candidate.