We are looking for a project manager responsible for organizing programs and activities for the Platforms at Paceline. You will be tasked with managing programs to support Paceline's strategic platform direction and creating and managing long-term goals. You will also be in charge of defining the best practices for Project and Program management.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in financial services, and program management.
Program Manager Responsibilities
- Organizing programs and activities per the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of Paceline.
- Work closely with the team, including external partners, to create the platform program plan for insurance.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer service, development, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks and raising them with stakeholders ASAP
- Working on strategy with the platform, product, commercialization, partnership and marketing team.
- Driving and keeping the team efficient with meetings, minutes of meetings, agenda etc.
- Working with different insurance partners - carriers and reinsurers to define the program plan and work with the internal team to execute on it.
Program Manager Requirements
- 8 yrs of industry experience.
- 4+ yrs of experience in Financial Services and specifically the life insurance industry
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in business or related field.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in productivity tools like google apps, Microsoft apps, project planning tools, product planning tools (like Aha.io), Jira/Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- Very strong understanding of project management.
- Must have worked in an agile software development environment
The role currently is for an individual contributor and can grow to lead a team in the future. We are a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You should be comfortable with ambiguity, be open-minded, be a hustler, get things done, be brutally honest, and treat each other with respect.
Benefits of Working at Paceline
- Competitive salary, unlimited vacation, and a remote-friendly culture
- Generous stock options
- Your own fitness wearable (ex: Apple Watch, Fitbit, or Garmin)
- Healthcare benefits and 401K
Paceline is an early stage, venture backed startup bringing together the worlds of health & wellness and financial services to change the nature of preventive health in society. We’re building a best-in-class fitness rewards platform and innovative financial ecosystem, powered by physical activity, with the goal of helping people live longer, healthier, and better lives.
Paceline was founded by seasoned insurance and banking executives who recognized an opportunity to disrupt the $4.7 trillion financial services market by investing in healthy behavior. Our fast growing team has extensive experience across the financial services, consumer, and digital sectors (including AIA, Sephora, Capital One, Ibotta, Uber, Yelp, The Real Real, Wayfair, and Prolific Interactive).
Preference for candidates in San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA, or Denver, CO, though will consider Fully Remote for the right candidate.