Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
About this Role:
This is an unique opportunity to be an early crew member at a growth-stage company led by some of the most seasoned and successful leaders in the real estate and travel space. As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining data flow and pipelines powering owner & dreamer experiences. Being a member of a small team, you’ll enjoy thinking broadly and strategically while executing quickly and tactically, having a direct impact on the company’s results.
The compensation range for this role is around $150k with a strong equity package. Our compensation is based on a comparable market pay rate for positions at companies similar in size, revenue generation and location. We also consider personal factors including seniority, performance-based merit, education/training and experience related to scope of responsibilities.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain data pipelines supporting our product and business intelligence efforts
- Work alongside the Data Science team to build and maintain data warehouse tables and supporting data infrastructure
- Participate in architecture and design discussions, code reviews, and project related team activities
- Understand and meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability - adhering to development principles and product goals
- Openness to doing what it takes to help the team realize goals (developing prototypes/POCs, solutions etc.).
- Help out in all areas of software development, including tooling, devops, analytics etc.
- Iterate with our Product and Engineering teams in a fast paced environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Collaborative must be open to discussing options with any/all team members
- Evaluate technical solutions, weighing current / future needs, explore options/ideas, choosing new technologies and tooling for our stack (and likely fail at times without penalty).
- Engage and evolve our engineering culture enabling us to do our best work
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering tools such as Python, Prefect, Spark, and related technologies, including AWS, AWS Glue and Redshift
- 5+ years of hands-on overall Software Development experience.
- Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java) incorporating engineering best practices (design/quality/security)
- Deep technical knowledge and experience developing data pipelines and flows
- Experience working with stakeholders and product owners to collect and distribute data across multiple services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in a Computer Science field preferred
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.