Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list in 2021.
About the role:
The Head of Debt Capital Markets role is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact during a period of extraordinary growth within Pacaso. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of the full financing transaction lifecycle, and lead a team of 2-4 capital market managers/analysts from various regions, including the U.S., Europe, Mexico, Asia, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years of finance or debt capital markets experience, with at least 4 years of experience with an investment bank or advisory firm. Prior start-up, growth company, real estate, and/or fintech experience a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for developing and executing the financing strategy of our global debt capital roadmap; help Pacaso create and manage a co-ownership mortgage financing business
- Take ownership of the full financing transaction lifecycle:
- lead the sourcing, structuring and execution of institutional debt capital raising transactions with lenders, investors, and senior management
- Lead negotiations and deal structuring of debt terms, guarantees, FX hedging, etc.
- Coordinate due diligence and inquiries
- Manage financing draws, debt paydowns, proceeds, etc.
- Responsible for debt compliance and covenants reporting
- Proactively manage the debt maturity ladder
- Establish an effective capital stack for the company to manage and balance our cost of capital for financial flexibility
- Find creative solutions to non-standard funding requirements for efficient flow of funds
- Key go-to person for debt financing questions and strategies
- Lead a team of 2-4 capital market managers/analysts from various regions, including the U.S., Europe, Mexico, Asia, etc. The number of direct reports may increase with market expansion.
- Responsible for overall hiring, training, development, and mentoring of capital markets team
- Maintain strong relationship with rating agencies, banking partners and funding sources
- Work closely with finance & accounting (F&A) team to deliver quarterly and annual deliverables to lending institutions
- Work with treasury/cash management and F&A to ensure accurate accounting of foreign currency transactions, translations, hedging, cash movement, etc.
- Work with FP&A to build and manage debt models and assist with budgeting, reforecasting and ad-hoc analyses
- Collaborate with Business Process Improvement (BPI) team and Engineering/IT, to continually automate and improve process efficiencies within capital markets
- Keep abreast of developments in capital markets, legislation, and statutory requirements. Ensure that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet corporate objectives and regulatory requirements, inclusive of related risk and exposure
- Work with CEO, CFO, Chief Acquisition Officer and executive team on ad-hoc projects and strategic initiatives
You’d be a great fit if you have:
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, or business administration; MBA/CFA is a plus
- Minimum of 10+ years of finance or debt capital markets experience
- At least 4 years of experience with an investment bank or advisory firm
- Prior international financing, foreign exchange, and hedging experience preferred
- Prior start-up, growth company, real estate, and/or fintech experience a plus
- A strong network of institutional debt investors/lenders
- Strong managerial skills to supervise, mentor and develop staff
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation; strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, start-up environment
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to develop complex project financing models in Excel
- Organized, reliable, and responsive
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and ability to build strong cross functional working relationships
- Effective in communicating with Executive team, bankers, and third-party consultants
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Hands-on and proactive team player
- Strong Excel skills and other MS Office applications
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing purpose-driven team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend.
- Company-sponsored meetups.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please Note: Pacaso has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to medical and religious accommodations, where permitted by state law.
**If you do not have proof of vaccination and live in a state or country that prohibits private employers from mandating the COVID-19 vaccine, please understand that lack of vaccination may preclude you from participating in-person at Pacaso events occurring in states or municipalities that require COVID-19 vaccination for attendees.