Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative ownership model is the easiest, smartest, and most responsible way for people to realize the benefits of a second home. We deliver this promise with a simplified financial structure, easy & equitable scheduling, and local property management resulting in turn-key enjoyment.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $90 million in growth financing and achieved unicorn status (valued at $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more! Pacaso is building an intentionally-distributed workforce with Crew members across the U.S.
This is an unique opportunity to be an early crew member at a growth-stage company led by some of the most seasoned and successful leaders in the real estate and travel space. As Software Engineer, you are responsible for developing Pacaso’s critical systems & integrations, powering owner & dreamer experiences. Being a member of a small team, you’ll enjoy thinking broadly and strategically while executing quickly and tactically, having a direct impact on the company’s results.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop and maintain systems powering core experiences, framework/common libraries and api services as required to deliver on our goals.
- Participate in architecture and design discussions, code reviews, and project related team activities
- Understand and meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability - adhering to development principles and product goals
- Openness to doing what it takes to help the team realize goals (developing prototypes/POCs, solutions etc.).
- Help out in all areas of software development, including tooling, devops, analytics etc.
- Iterate with our Product and Engineering teams in a fast paced environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Collaborative must be open to discussing options with any/all team members
- Evaluate technical solutions, weighing current / future needs, explore options/ideas, choosing new technologies and tooling for our stack (and likely fail at times without penalty).
- Engage and evolve our engineering culture enabling us to do our best work
- 3+ years of hands-on Software Development experience in the following areas: Java, Spring, Relational Databases, AWS etc
- Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team
- Strong programming skills (Java) incorporating engineering best practices (design/quality/security)
- Deep technical knowledge and experience developing web applications, APIs etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in a Computer Science field preferred
- 100% remote flexibility
- Amazing purpose-driven team and culture, with opportunity to build ground-up impact
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) to help you save for the future
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Generous home office stipend
- Company-sponsored meetups.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.