Business Development Partner – Enterprise Technologies
A Career with Point72’s Ventures
Point72 Ventures is the early-stage venture capital strategy funded exclusively by Steve Cohen and eligible employees of Point72. We invest in entrepreneurs who are transforming the economy through advances in financial technology, artificial intelligence and cyber security & enterprise infrastructure. Our team of top-tier investment professionals evaluate and engage the companies selected to be a part of our investment portfolio.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a high-energy Business Development Partner to join the Enterprise Practice to help cultivate and leverage a network of enterprise infrastructure thought leaders. We are technical investors that like to dive deep on theme areas where we can build expertise and add strategic value to portfolio companies. As part of building this expertise we are looking to create a strong network of IT buyers, entrepreneurs, and academics on the cutting edge of enterprise technology that will enhance our knowledge of the domain, source of deal flow, investment due diligence and portfolio support.
- Be the point person for a world class and rapidly growing VC fund by establishing and owning the fund’s network relationships across the corporate and entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Build a systematic process for managing enterprise team relationships (e.g. situational value, feedback / insight, where P72 can help individuals in the network, etc.)
- Develop on the ground market perspective that contributes to theme generation and help establish our local presence through active networking and meeting schedule
- Learn the investment process and be involved in identifying new companies, due diligence and portfolio support
- Organize events and creative ways we can better engage with our network to create the most value
- Domain expertise in enterprise infrastructure technologies through work experience in the field with existing relationships – prior technical S&M or Product role required
- A tech degree is required - Computer Science and Electrical Engineering degrees preferred
- Passion for enterprise technology, including enterprise infrastructure technologies that are fairly deep in the stack
- Be inquisitive and analytical through gathering and synthesizing information, having the ability to analyze situations, draw appropriate conclusions and make value added recommendations
- Be a creative and strategic thinker that has demonstrated the ability to repeatedly deliver exceptional results
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven salesmanship to build consensus among stakeholders and get access to competitive deals; articulate value proposition from first meeting