NB! PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN OZOW, AND THEREFORE WE CANNOT COMMIT TO TIMELINES OF WHEN WE WILL BEGIN THE PROCESS.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
The core function of this role is that of a support technician with growth opportunities within the development department. From a support technician to engineers’ point of view, your role is to ensure that customers receive excellent and consistent service to a high standard and handle issues in an efficient and friendly manner. You need to ensure that you know the policies and SLAs that are in place and always adhere to them.
In the role of support, you will report to the Head of Customer Operations and keep yourself accountable for your own actions, representing the company in the best light possible by always demonstrating our core values. Ultimately, as a team we are all accountable to the customer as they use the services we offer.
Many support queries are of a technical nature and therefore as an Ozow’s support engineer you should have a good understanding of Ozow’s system, programming languages, techniques, and concepts used. A key part of this role would be to assist external developers in their attempts to successfully integrate their respective systems with the Ozow system.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A proven minimum experience of 3-5 years as a Technical Support Agent Desktop Support, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- A Bachelor’s degree/diploma in information technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of hardware and software
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- A good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other technical products
- The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software such as Zendesk
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- The ability to work shifts and standby
- The ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Additional certification/s in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
- Birthday Leave
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Our Employee Value Proposition
Join Ozow and become part of an elite force that challenges the ordinary and achieves the extraordinary. If you're driven to make an impact, embrace challenges, and seek unparalleled opportunities for growth, your journey starts here.
Ready to be exceptional? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!