What to expect
As a Scrum Master at Ozow, you will have an opportunity to impact the delivery and execution of our products and solutions; in a fast-paced and innovative environment. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the scrum process is maintained and evolves; and as well as coach the teams and our leaders on improving impediments.
This pivotal role at Ozow will serve as a key liaison between our Product Owners and development teams, to ensure requirements are delivered and key milestones are met. You will actively facilitate the management of product backlogs and coordinate with other Scrum Masters to identify and manage cross-team dependencies by:
- Ensuring that Product Owners are enabled to prioritise and maintain a clear and concise Product Backlog.
- Ensuring that the team understands all necessary information, to produce the desired business value.
- Fostering productive relationships and following through on commitments, to gain trust and respect across all levels of the business
- Helping Product Owners understand and practice agility, by leveraging empirical data and iterative delivery.
- Coaching the team on Agile and Lean principles, to enable iterative delivery of value and to reduce waste.
- Spearheading continuous improvement across the organisation to reduce waste and increase individual and development team productivity and accountability.
- Demonstrating servant leadership.
- Effectively facilitating ceremonies and meetings.
- Helping to remove impediments and facilitate the flow of work.
- Identifying and mitigating risk across the team’s workflow.
- Using the principles of empowerment and self-organization to enable collaboration, effective communication, and decision making across the organisation.
- Using visual management systems; and both leading and lagging metrics to optimise the flow of work.
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Our Employee Value Proposition
Join Ozow and become part of an elite force that challenges the ordinary and achieves the extraordinary. If you're driven to make an impact, embrace challenges, and seek unparalleled opportunities for growth, your journey starts here.
Ready to be exceptional? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!