Ozow provides easy, fast, and secure payment solutions for everyone. From QR codes, point of sale, eCommerce, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments, and everything in between, Ozow helps millions of businesses and consumers to pay and get paid.
We’re addressing real needs.
We’re a hyper-scaling fintech. With our latest $48m Series B funding round led by Tencent, we are able to do even more. But we can’t do this alone.
This is why you’re reading this. We’re on the lookout for innovative, problem-solving, big thinkers to come on board!
More about this Ozow fantastic position
Ozow is seeking an unconventional, visionary, and driven Head of Product. As a Head of Product, you will serve as a senior member of our management team and own the product roadmap, positioning, and go-to-market strategy for Ozow products and the evolution of product lines.
You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises, and understand how our platform can help take their cloud adoption to the next level. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams, and make a significant impact.
You will be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. You will work together with many internal and external stakeholders to translate market insight into features and roadmap, support product marketing to develop messaging and promotional content, drive product launches and adoption programs, and enable business development, solution architecture, sales and partners.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in product management for B2B solutions plus at least 3 years in related fields such as product marketing, technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, or relevant field of study.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of management responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- You should also be a strong leader and negotiator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Develop product and solution requirements, working backwards from the customer with primary focus on cross product experiences.
- Manage our best-in-class team of product managers.
- Identify target market segments, segment sizing and ideal B2B customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment.
- Define solution value propositions for targeted categories, industries or workloads and be accountable for the overall go to market plan, including the revenue forecasts, adoption goals, packaging, pricing/licensing, and partner/ecosystem strategies.
- Build core content and compelling assets to articulate buyer value, industry use cases, competitive differentiation, and benchmarking (customer case studies, videos, whitepapers, sales plays, presentations, how to guides, comparison tools, and more).
- Execute and track experiments to build community and grow consumption of services, including innovative pricing / packaging approaches, special offers, promotions, and customer adoption programs.
- Support marketing in building core content and website/promotional materials.
- Monitor the results of product launches, marketing campaigns to reach target audiences effectively.
- Establish customer and sales feedback loops to synthesize feedback and consolidate feature requests, providing category/industry/workload specific requirements to engineering and driving follow-up actions and communications.
- Work effectively across Ozow with groups such as Commercial, Client Success, Solutions Architects to achieve business goals.
Your skills and competencies:
- Ability to hire and develop A Players. You are able to source, select, and sell A Players to join a company. You coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- Analytical skills. You are able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve penetrating insights.
- Data-driven. You have experience utilising data from across the business to drive insights and better decision making.
- Digitally competent. You are aware of the most relevant or common technologies and can decide upon the most appropriate technology according to the purpose or need at hand.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Innovation. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Problem solving. You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will send an online assessment for you to showcase your skills.
- Step Three: There will be 1 or 2 interviews with members of our Product team, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Four: Our CEO and/or Chief People Officer will meet with you face-to-face before finalising the hiring process.
Location of the position:
- This position is based in Cape Town, Johannesburg, or Remote.
What to expect at Ozow
At Ozow, we believe that what we do matters. It’s why we’re focused on driving greater financial inclusion and closing the digital divides. For everyone.
The secret to our success? We’re fast-paced, agile, passionate, and driven. We’re also heavily dependent on collaboration, camaraderie, collective hard work and innovation.
Collectively, all of this makes up our DNA. It’s the fuel to our rocket ship.
Benefits at Ozow
We’re serious about building our people.
As part of this, Ozow offers competitive salaries, growth development programmes (including a mentorship programme), along with a wide range of other benefits.
Depending on the team you’re in, we also offer remote and hybrid work options.
To keep the team mentally and physically healthy, we run a variety of initiatives geared to making a positive difference in their lives.
We’re also committed to creating an honest, supportive, inclusive environment that celebrates our diversity of backgrounds, ideas, skill sets, and life experiences.
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!