Ozow provides easy, fast, and secure payment solutions for everyone. From QR codes, point of sale, eCommerce, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments, and everything in between, Ozow helps millions of businesses and consumers to pay and get paid.
We’re addressing real needs.
We’re a hyper-scaling fintech. With our latest $48m Series B funding round led by Tencent, we are able to do even more. But we can’t do this alone.
This is why you’re reading this. We’re on the lookout for innovative, problem-solving, big thinkers to come on board!
Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast, and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
We are looking for a digital-savvy Community Manager to take control of our online voice and build brand awareness and loyalty. The Community Manager will be responsible for aligning all company communications, PR, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity. You will be the first point of contact for online followers, thus developing an intimate relationship with the online community.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for social media, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A marketing or advertising qualification (preferable)
- 2+ years working in community management (fintech background is a plus)
- Experience launching and managing community initiatives such as online forums
- Experience with Social Media Management tools
- Organised and efficient with a strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills – concise and clear
- The ability to adapt to any situation
- Knowledge of social trends to find proactive and reactive opportunities for the brand
- Excellent engagement and verbal communication skills
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Excellent writing skills
- Good time management skills, including prioritising, scheduling and adapting as necessary.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Daily community management that aligns with our brand tone and personality across digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google My Business, TikTok and YouTube.
- Creating FAQs and response sheets for our pages/products/campaigns.
- Responding to service level comments and queries across digital platforms.
- Monitoring conversation surrounding the brand and industry and working with the social team to develop tactical content ideas and responses.
- Driving the brand tone of voice across digital channels through audience engagement.
- Identifying opportunities for the brand through social listening.
- Engaging, building and proactively managing a positive social media community.
- Staying up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- Liaising with key departments to stay updated on new products and features.
Your skills and competencies:
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Solution driven
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurised environment
- Confidence in the work created.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will set up a 30 minute, remote interview with members of our Marketing Team.
- Step Three: We will send an assessment for you to showcase your skills.
- Step Four: There will be a be a second interview with members of the Marketing Team, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Five: Our CEO/Chief People Officer will meet with you face-to-face/remotely before finalising the hiring process.
Location of the position:
- This position is based in our Cape Town office.
What to expect at Ozow
At Ozow, we believe that what we do matters. It’s why we’re focused on driving greater financial inclusion and closing the digital divides. For everyone.
The secret to our success? We’re fast-paced, agile, passionate, and driven. We’re also heavily dependent on collaboration, camaraderie, collective hard work and innovation.
Collectively, all of this makes up our DNA. It’s the fuel to our rocket ship.
Benefits at Ozow
We’re serious about building our people.
As part of this, Ozow offers competitive salaries, growth development programmes (including a mentorship programme), along with a wide range of other benefits.
Depending on the team you’re in, we also offer remote and hybrid work options.
To keep the team mentally and physically healthy, we run a variety of initiatives geared to making a positive difference in their lives.
We’re also committed to creating an honest, supportive, inclusive environment that celebrates our diversity of backgrounds, ideas, skill sets, and life experiences.
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!