Ozow provides easy, fast, and secure payment solutions for everyone. From QR codes, point of sale, eCommerce, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments, and everything in between, Ozow helps millions of businesses and consumers to pay and get paid.
We’re addressing real needs.
We’re a hyper-scaling fintech. With our latest $48m Series B funding round led by Tencent, we are able to do even more. But we can’t do this alone.
This is why you’re reading this. We’re on the lookout for innovative, problem-solving, big thinkers to come on board!
Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast, and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
Ozow is looking for a passionate, creative Social Media Coordinator to join our vibrant and dynamic Marketing team. You will have a creative eye and attention to detail for identifying and curating engaging content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience using social media to build brands, generate organic engagement, and grow communities. You will implement mechanisms and measurements that identify opportunities to engage audiences and leverage new and existing social media channels.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and have proven experience planning and executing campaigns across multiple channels and interacting with cross-functional teams.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A marketing or advertising qualification
- 3+ years working in social media (fintech background a plus)
- Attention to detail
- Experience in reporting and analytics
- Key knowledge in the following social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok
- Knowledge and understanding of current social trends
- Excellent Writing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good time management skills, including prioritising, scheduling and adapting as necessary.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Managing and planning monthly organic social media content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok and Google my Business.
- Monitoring trends, competitor presences and new social media marketing opportunities.
- Writing social copy for our designated platforms.
- Identifying and implementing tactical opportunities that align with the brand.
- Creating monthly reporting with the use of analytic tools.
- Contributing to creative brainstorms, community management and creative writing.
- Reporting key performance metrics and competitor activity and - provide insights for optimisation.
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
Your skills and competencies:
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Solution driven
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Confidence in the work created.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will set up a 30-minute, remote interview with members of our Marketing Team.
- Step Three: We will send an assessment for you to showcase your skills.
- Step Four: There will be a second interview with members of the Marketing team, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Five: Our CEO/Chief People Officer will meet with you remotely before finalising the hiring process.
Location of the position:
- This position is based in our Cape Town office.
What to expect at Ozow
At Ozow, we believe that what we do matters. It’s why we’re focused on driving greater financial inclusion and closing the digital divides. For everyone.
The secret to our success? We’re fast-paced, agile, passionate, and driven. We’re also heavily dependent on collaboration, camaraderie, collective hard work and innovation.
Collectively, all of this makes up our DNA. It’s the fuel to our rocket ship.
Benefits at Ozow
We’re serious about building our people.
As part of this, Ozow offers competitive salaries, growth development programmes (including a mentorship programme), along with a wide range of other benefits.
Depending on the team you’re in, we also offer remote and hybrid work options.
To keep the team mentally and physically healthy, we run a variety of initiatives geared to making a positive difference in their lives.
We’re also committed to creating an honest, supportive, inclusive environment that celebrates our diversity of backgrounds, ideas, skill sets, and life experiences.
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!