✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don't need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
The Role 👩💻
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
Oyster’s Finance team is looking for a Business Partnering Lead. Our Business Partnering Lead is the heartbeat of decision support and commercial analysis for Oyster and this role is the perfect chance to have a direct impact on the future growth of Oyster.
The role will drive the business forward, supporting key decision making and commercial analysis for the whole business. The role is ideal for a candidate who has experience working with business intelligence tools to identify opportunities and risks to the business and has a deep understanding of SaaS metrics. The right candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced distributed environment and is confident in their ability to help executives make more informed decisions.
This person will report to the Director of Finance and work very closely with the rest of Oyster’s Commercial finance team and senior leaders across the business.
What you'll do…
- Collaborate with FP&A and business leaders on company-wide strategic decision making across a wide variety of topics from pricing reviews and business cases to operational efficiency.
- Lead on the deal desk process, providing a detailed financial perspective and feedback to the sales team.
- Understand key SaaS metrics/benchmarks and adept at adapting these to the Oyster business model.
- Build relationships across the organization and become a trusted partner to our functional leaders.
- Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance, and identify opportunities.
- Communicating complex problems and analysis teams to non technical teams.
- Benchmark our financials, set realistic targets based on a strong understanding of our business, and drive the company toward improved financial performance.
- Work with business intelligence and planning tools to enable efficient financial modelling and drive data-driven decision making.
What we're looking for...
- 2+ years of experience in Strategic/Business finance, FP&A or management consulting with 7 years total work experience, ideally with knowledge of a high-growth SaaS environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally and the confidence to influence and have difficult discussions with key decision makers.
- Understanding of key SaaS metrics and benchmarks.
- Ability to produce analysis which aids decision support and think long term.
- Comfortable working within a BI Solution (Oyster uses Looker) to manipulate data to support analysis which drives insights.
- Experience with operational and financial planning software (Oyster uses Pigment).
- Understanding of SaaS go to market processes and ratios.
- Respected thought leader to business leaders, helping decision making.
- Ability to model operational business impacts on Income statement, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth distributed environment.
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you're authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we'll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.