✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don't need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
👩💻 The Role
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote, and you can work from home. This role does require that you are based in CST or EST time zones.
Join us at Oyster as a Senior Sales Manager on the fast-growing Americas team targeting high-growth and mid-market segments! Oyster works with customers, primarily HR and TA leaders, to solve one of their most significant challenges; global employment. In this role, you will set ambitious but attainable goals and help your team achieve them by assisting companies in realizing the total value of Oyster's platform. You will recruit, onboard, and mentor high-performing salespeople, and it will be your responsibility to define the strategy and assign resources to meet revenue targets. A good understanding of Salesforce CRM, spotting trends, and translating them into improvements and actions will be critical to success in the role.
At Oyster, we are obsessed with the customers’ experience and success. We have a highly collaborative team environment where you’ll work with the broader Sales, Marketing, BDR, and Sales Ops teams to drive teamwork and communication to achieve the best results.
What you'll do…
- Accurately forecast the performance of your team
- Plan resources and hire a diverse team
- Build a strategy to identify high-potential strategic accounts across different geographical regions and different company tiers, develop them, and convert them into Oyster clients
- Promote team collaboration, inclusion, and a high-performance culture
- Become an expert on all things Oyster
- Onboard new hires to quickly achieve proficiency in the product and tools we use
- Attend sales calls providing mentorship and feedback for continuous improvement to the sales team for constant improvement
- Craft, review, and improve email campaigns to drive better results
- Develop sales playbooks to increase the close rate and sales efficiency
- Deliver sales revenue goals & increase team performance
What we're looking for 📜
- Previous management experience of 5+ years
- Previous Account Executive experience of 2+ years
- Experience working in an early-stage start-up environment and HR tech is a plus
- Experience in building out early sales team processes
- HR Tech sales or have sold to the HR buyer
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you're authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we'll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email email@example.com with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.