✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don't need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
The Role 👩💻
Location: Anywhere in the world within timezone GMT +/-8h or PDT +/-8h. While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
Oyster is growing fast, and we are looking for Customer Support Specialists to help us deliver a fantastic support experience to our growing number of customers. You will be part of the frontline team of our business and someone who our customers interact with day to day.
What you'll do...
- You will be the face and voice of Oyster to our Customers and their Team Members when they need support or extra guidance to use the Oyster platform and services;
- Working with support colleagues, HR, finance and legal experts to resolve queries and then sharing your knowledge with the whole customer facing team
- Using support ticketing platforms (Zendesk) and knowledge-centred support principles to enhance the service experience, both internally and externally whilst providing a human-centric experience
- Maintaining and helping to develop our self-service tools (e.g. FAQs, Public Country Profiles, etc) so that we can help the customer help themselves as much as possible
What we're looking for 📜
- 2-3 years of hands-on support of a SaaS platform, in a field related to HR or Payroll
- An empathic and human-centred approach to supporting customers; you always want to go the extra mile to ensure that the customer is happy and they feel supported
- Passionate about creating and sharing knowledge to build a fantastic support experience for your colleagues and our customers
- First class attention to detail and reasoning with extreme organization and a proven work ethic
- Comfortable with a high pace work environment and changing customer priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, determination and tenacity, along with a sense of humor
- Remote-first advocate and passionate about creating change in the future of work landscape
- Driven by the social impact mission and desire to use skills to influence global change and employment opportunities
- Based on Earth - though we are particularly looking for people who can support customers based in UTC -7/8 and UTC +7
- Ability to speak languages other than English fluently
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ—to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created a program to support YOU and your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you're authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: We give you a laptop and $1500 for equipment so you can have your remote office up and running in no time. Check out Equipment at Oyster for more details.
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.