Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat, Ox Street and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. We have three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan, and India, as well as offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an organisation, we make magic happen.
About Ox Street
Leading sneaker and streetwear platform Ox Street is the first social marketplace for Gen Z in Southeast Asia, focused on sneakers and streetwear. Our mission is to break the old-fashioned boundaries between social, shopping, and gaming in one platform for Gen Z to discover, buy, sell, and flex sneakers and streetwear. Gen Z is a growing market, with 85 million consumers in Southeast Asia, who together are forecasted to spend USD 128 billion on fashion in 2025.
Our core values are authenticity, ownership and enthusiasm. If you can bring a genuine enthusiasm for our cause, coupled with a high sense of ownership over the outcomes of your actions, you'll fit right in. Do you want to join us on this journey? Get in touch!
We don't really care that much about years of experience or education. What we are looking for is a proven track record of exhibiting the following core values:
- Honesty: Having the ability to understand your own circle of competence, get help and give help when needed, raise issues early and be upfront about your opinion.
- Responsibility: Committing to clear agreements about who is responsible for decisions and outcomes. Then, if something is your job, making sure it gets done on time.
- Quality: Not tolerating small mistakes in content or service level. We need to hit the highest possible level of quality in our interactions with buyers and sellers, in our writing, in our design and in everything else we do.
- Enthusiasm: We're a startup, and there are lots of things to do. We'll work hard. For us, it's unthinkable that going to work is boring. We are looking for people that are determined to make the journey fun.
- Open Minded: Collaborative approach to work and life. Not afraid to have an opinion.
About the role:
Drive increased return purchases and improved conversion rate by analyzing demand patterns, curating collections and running catalog experiments in the apparel (streetwear) category
- Improving conversion rate for apparel on Ox Street
- Consistently updated release calendar across all our key markets
- Interesting collections that drive increased time on app and transactions
- Systematic execution of catalog strategy
- Informing Business Development team merchant acquisition
- Consistent management of sneaker category generating positive cascading effect to social and blog content as well as advertising content
- Owning the release calendar across all our markets
- Co-owning the layout of our app homepage
- Creating seasonal and interesting collections
- Owning the apparel catalog, including being end-responsible for
- All products being created on-time
- Product images
- Product descriptions in line with SEO imperatives
- Product data quality, including fixing any errors in the data
- Staying on top of trends and analyzing market data to get ahead of upcoming opportunities in the streetwear market
- Junior/mid-level role with around 2 years experience in startups or scale ups.
- Love for, and an almost encyclopedic knowledge of streetwear and street fashion!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with digital tools, in particular google sheets
- Typo sniper: Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy statistics: Comfortable with numbers and able to draw sensible conclusions based on data. Understands the difference between mean and median
- This is an entrepreneurial role, we are looking for someone who is self-starting and able to work toward the key outcomes and core mission without a lot of instruction
By clicking on Submit, you are accepting to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement [https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410378144537-Candidates-Personal-Data-Privacy-Statement].