Ownwell helps property owners reduce the costs of owning real estate. Our proprietary software automatically identifies property owners that are overpaying on real estate expenses. We then manage the end-to-end process of reducing bills through tax appeals, exemptions, and corrections.
Over $40 billion is overpaid in property taxes every year, and inaccurate tax assessments disproportionately affect people of color, immigrants, as well as low-income communities.
Ownwell is well-funded and venture-backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our company is growing 300% year-over-year. We are looking for driven and passionate team members who thrive in a collaborative, positive culture where we all win together. If this sounds like the place for you, come help us change the way everyday homeowners manage their real estate across the country.
- Build, challenge, and motivate a team of Recruiters and People Operations Consultants to deliver a complete human resources capability that can scale as the company grows.
- Provide human resources support and consultation across the business on the most complex issues, supporting staff, managers, and executives in all related areas and regions including recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development.
- Provide useful data to help guide decision-making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Provide leadership on people-related issues and policies across the company.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and support business development and change.
- Develop and own the delivery of core people processes, programs, and infrastructure systems that strike an effective balance between industry best practices and Honor-specific challenges, opportunities, and organizational goals
- Manage yearly open enrollment process, payroll, and benefits administration; evaluate new vendors and partners as necessary.
- Manage HR systems within the compensation and benefits space to ensure employee data is accurately maintained.
- Partner with various functions to make sure HR activities are coordinated across the org.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations
- Keep a pulse on employee attitudes and overall satisfaction at the company.
- 10+ years experience in HR or People Ops role
- Ability to lead, manage, grow and mentor a People Operations and Human Resources team.
- Proof of HR-related qualifications and experience in best practice.
- Experience in recruiting, total rewards, compliance, diversity/equity/inclusion, HR systems and analytics, and employee relations
- Ability to manage, grow, and mentor a team of recruiters and HR professionals
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of HR management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- High level of integrity and ability to use good judgment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Show an ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique approach.
Ownwell’s vision is to democratize access to real estate expertise. When we say we want to provide access, we mean providing access to everyone. To do that well, we need a team that’s broadly representative. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Ownwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status.